Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pictures & Video From DJ Expo 2006 - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Ok everything is uploaded enjoy

geposted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 6:41 pm
Larryd,

That was amazing... did you only use two tcv's? I ask because a couple of times it looked like you had 3 video tracks going at the same time.. Maybe you were just switching between them quickly?

Killabee44

geposted Sat 02 Sep 06 @ 11:23 pm
I doubt larry will give up his secrets. I can say after seeing him do that set 1 million times at the show, he's using 2 tcv's and a mk2 only.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 5:50 am
Well from my experience with using video, TCV's and a midi compatible mixer (Ecler Nuo 4)... I can actually see and figure out what he was doing. Great Job!!! There was a lot of pre-production work and practice done before hand. He used custom video edits so he can mix from one to the other using acappellas and such. I know this because I do the same. I have been editing and remixing for years and now I can bring it to the video form of entertainment. I custom edit most of my popular videos for my video gigs and it usually "wows" the crowd. Especially because of the use of real turntables and not DVD players. It is basically old school meets new school. I love it!!!

Thank God (or whomever you choose is your higher power) for Virtual DJ and their wonderful team of developers, support and corporate staff.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 6:48 am
Interesting!

I was wondering about the bit where sean paul- temperature, was mixed in. So do you think he re-edited the video so that the first couple of bars were just an acapella version, then the rest of the song is as normal?

Also, loved the red hot chili peppers loop, saved that in my sample bank!!! the drums sound so good over r&b tracks.

Any other video mixing secrets anybody would like to share!? :)

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 1:46 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 2:09 pm
Could be good to see some other peoples work! At the moment I havn't got a way to record a mix, so can't join in just yet. But hopefully buy a DVD recorder when i can afford it and do it that way.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 2:28 pm
You can use another pc to caputure that's what larryd does.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 5:42 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Another solution to capture a video mix:

If you install a Hauppauge PVR150 TV card in your PC (has a buikd in MPEG2 hardware decoder), then you can send the TV out signal back into the PC for recording, without almost no extra CPU usage,

That's how I did it once and it worked fine, no dropped frames (P4, 2.4 GHz with 1 GB RAM)

Much cheaper than extra PC or DVD recorder

Johans

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 10:16 pm
You can get a DVD recorder for like $98 at wal-mart. They aren't that expensive now.

geposted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 2:18 am
Great job Can wait till Vegas show. Larry heard you won spin offs locally.

geposted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 4:03 pm
It's been a very long time since I have worked in a "professional" production audio/visual studio. What used to cost millions of dollars can now be done on VDJ. After seeing these videos all I have to say to the team is AWESOME JOB folks.

And DJ Larry D....when it comes to mixing you are no slouch. Its just a matter of time before you become a household word like Tiesto or Darude....very well done sir. You do not need to be told to "keep the beat sweet" as what you have shown in these vids is already "sweet."

Thank you for the experience.

And to the rest of us out there,

Keep the beat sweet

Raw-bear

geposted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 5:01 pm
Thanks for the suggestions on recording mixes, gonna go for a dvd recorder when i have some spare money to spend!

geposted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 3:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)