Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: MCG Graphics Files

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I converted my Karaoke files using CAVS.
The sound files are .mp3. The graphic files are .mcg.
Does Virtual DJ support Karaoke using .mcg files. I can't get them to play.
If Virtual DJ does not suport .mcg is there a conversion to a file that Virtual DJ does support.
What is the file type most DJ's using Virtual DJ use when doing Karaoke.

Thanks for sharing info
Terry

geposted Thu 31 Aug 06 @ 10:07 pm
Cavs makes a program called "Decoder" which will allow you to convert to whatever format you like.

geposted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 1:54 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Contact me and I'll show you how to get the decoder.

geposted Fri 01 Sep 06 @ 9:31 am
kjdougPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i personally would much rather use .mcg's myself because the files are more than half the size of cd'g which leaves more space on your hd...i have been trying to get them to support .mcg's for awhile but so far no luck.... :(

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:15 pm
But if you zip a CDG, it's less than 1/10 it's original size. In fact, a zipped MP3 & CDG is usually smaller than the MP3 by itself. It's a lot more common format too... the only major downsides (given software that supports it) are:

1. It's unlikely you'll be able to use ID3 tags in a zip
2. It takes longer to load if you use high compression.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:50 pm
Thanks for the tips. If I was to decode what file type should I decode to?

geposted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 9:22 pm
If you have the actual decent cavs decoder CDG program that lets your decode more than one at a time, you have to select CDG (RW), and it decodes them and creates *.rw files (which are really CDG files).

You have to use a script, the command prompt, or something like directory opus to mass-rename them after.

I have created a program designed to automate extracting, converting, and labelling Top Hits Monthly MP3+MCG CD-Roms that you can subscribe to... is this where you're getting these MCGs?

geposted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 4:47 am
I have actually converted mostly Sound Choice CD's with the Cavs programs. I found it better than having my CD's stolen or scratched. I do karaoke for large corp partys and some fairs. I do mostly video music for resorts, I also do weddings.
I only have about 5000 karaoke songs.
Terry

geposted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 6:25 am
To Supacon: I would like to get the Decoder CDG. Can you please instruct me how to.

geposted Mon 15 Jun 09 @ 2:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)