Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Anybody use the Gigaport AND mix country??

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Anybody else out there use the gigaport and mix country or other types of music besides dance music?? I'm having issues with country music and some latin music (tex-mex). Seems like i got all the dropouts, skips and whatever else it was doing, but on some tracks, the bass sounds like it's clipped, sometimes it sounds like it resonates (some sort of distortion)---pretty irritating. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they have found a solution??

Thanks, ED

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 2:09 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
In your Config / Options settings - what do you have your Auto Gain set to?

cstoll

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 2:30 am
I just cant see how thats even possible...

Unless Dev Team have a grudge against country, and its a feature, there is no logic to why mp3s from one genre should work less good than the other....

That is of course if you've not ripped them totally differently, or something.
Just need more information

Its probably not the genre of music thats the issue here, unless its a hidden feature ;) hehe

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 3:50 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I've been using a Gigaport for years, had no trouble with it so far. It sounds like a gain issue, either within VDJ or or the gain knob(s) on your mixer. I never take the gain on vdj past 0db...

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 6:11 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djsherz wrote :
I've been using a Gigaport for years, had no trouble with it so far. It sounds like a gain issue, either within VDJ or or the gain knob(s) on your mixer. I never take the gain on vdj past 0db...

Exactly, that what I was getting at.

dj-in-norway wrote :
Unless Dev Team have a grudge against country, and its a feature, there is no logic to why mp3s from one genre should work less good than the other....

And @dj-in-norway, are you sure? Just joking - all others ignore this statement - sorry I digress.

cstoll

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 8:29 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I tend to hear soft pops & clicks in quieter music... perhaps that's the issue?

You don't notice it in something with a heavy beat, ad lots of instruments playing loudly.

geposted Sun 03 Sep 06 @ 7:46 pm
Using a gigaport right now, and I play many different generes of music. No dropouts, pops or clicks.

geposted Mon 04 Sep 06 @ 1:26 am
edsalPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Allrighty,
Have my gain set to always 0 db. On 3.4 I have set at "always match" and try to set it at -6/-4 db, but I can't seem to find this option on the skin i'm using right now (full skin with internal mixer). My songs are ripped anywhere from 128 to 320 kbps, so there is some variance there. Anyways, I put together a 40 song country playlist and did a trial run here at the house. Out of those 40, 13 were distorted in some way that was very noticeable. I also did a 30 song hiphop set--not one messed up. Now here's where it gets kooky!!! I went back and played back those 13 country songs that had messed up originally and they all played fine without any changes to any settings!!!

Go figure!!! Still working on it!!!

ED

geposted Tue 05 Sep 06 @ 5:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)