Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: To All Hercules MK2 Users - Powered HUB tip for crackles in VDJ 4 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Just want to inform you that I had a lot of crackles and pops with my MK2 and no matter what settings I changed they didn't go away. Tried all tweaks and still nothing. It would work totally fine on all the skins without video preview windows. Well the SOLUTION to this problem was a POWERED USB 4 PORT HUB. Make sure it is 2.0 not 1.1. Thanks for all the info from all the folks who helped me in the general discussion forum. I still have problems with the crackles and pops in the VMIX4 skin, but that is the only one. Once again I hope this helps some of you who are struggling with the MK2 settings and VDJ 4.

geposted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:15 am

Powered hub seems to have helped a few other Hecules console users..

Thanks for your feedback, will make this thread sticky for a while

geposted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:38 am
No problem, I am also wondering if the power supply that you can get for the MK2 would help also??

geposted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:41 am
yes, that would probably do the same, if you are running into power issues with the built-in usb ports at your PC.

Hercules needs full usb power, and some USB cards, and some laptops dont deliver all that..

So even Hercules recommend running the console powered (cord or hub)

geposted Wed 06 Sep 06 @ 12:50 am
If all else fails follow these instructions to get rid of audio problems

go to settings.
click on performances.
move the slider to 2nd from fastest.

enable safe moode,
disable overclock.
set latency to "auto" <- most important

DJ Shahar
www.djshahar.com

geposted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 7:09 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
My recommendation is to never use any hub for any usb soundcard, but plug it directly to a usb port.
You can use a hub for your other devices.
And use external power supply if possible or needed, like in case of the hercules 2..

(btw. i can't call it MK2 sorry, this name has for ever connected to the classic technics turntables,
Many of us growed up with them..., shame on you hercules !)

geposted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 2:22 am
Don't worry the powered hub did not help the problem. I thought it did til I did more research. I am in the process of installing XP and did buy a power source for the MK2. Sorry if I misinformed anyone.

geposted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:13 am
woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I've noticed this audio crackle problem when other ports are active, like when my LAN is sending or recieving.
If I dissable the LAN it goes away. I have a quality 450watt PSU.

My sig says I'm a MK1 user, I have both, this is with my MK2

geposted Fri 15 Sep 06 @ 1:33 pm
gvmusicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i tried an external power supply for the Hercules MK2 and I still got crackles and pops, any other ideas to make it go away?
I have turned eveything off that could be on and still got distortion! please help
Thanks

Any one know how to config a RaneMP4 to a laptop without using the MK2 console?

geposted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 9:32 am
Make sure Safe Mode is unchecked and yLatency is set to Auto in Preferences.

geposted Tue 10 Oct 06 @ 11:40 pm
descargar version dj virtual full

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 10:05 pm
gvmusicPRO InfinityMember since 2004
FYI,

I just got of the phone with Hercules Support, there is NO known fix for this problem!

They are blaming it on the usb port not being grounded or not there problem.

There is no firmware update!

I have returned my MK2 3 times and got a new in the box unit each time and still got a crackle and popping noise.

I hope there are some alternatives?

I saw on Numark.com there is a new mixer with dual USB, does anyone have this yet?

Numark CM200 it lists for $299 here in California, my local dealer can get it for $240.

Please let VDJ know about this product as a possible replacement for the Hercules Console.

Thanks GVMUSIC

geposted Fri 13 Oct 06 @ 11:52 pm
go to performance settings.
click on performances.
move the slider to 2nd from fastest.

disable safe mode,
disable overclock.
set latency to "auto" <- most important

Try that ;)

geposted Sat 14 Oct 06 @ 2:34 am
I ham having a problem with my hercules mk II as well when I upgraded to 4.1 not only am I having slight crackling noises when I adjust volume and eq and gain but my headphone selector is no longer working I tried to use it and it only works when I put it on mix. It wont pull anything for deck a and deck b at all any suggestions?

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 5:54 am
I have the same problem as likuid... headphone selection doesn't work (only Mix, Split is normal on the left ear and very silent on the right one)... I tried out every possible configuration...
There are no problems with the headphone selection in VDJ 3

A little cause of confusion is the Sound Setup "Outputs" ... do I have to choose "single output" or "headphones" if I use the headphone connector on the front of the mk2 ("headphones" seems to be the selection for headphones at the output on the rear) ?

thanks for help
wurst

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 10:25 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 3:49 pm
Great!!
Thanks a lot!!

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 4:52 pm
I am going to just assume that there is something amiss on the Herc MKII. I have never had a problem with "snap-crackle-pop" in my audio with the original Hercules console. Why I am at a loss is that I get intermittent sound quality issues. I will load a track to the left channel and the music sounds perfect. Load a track to the right and it sounds horrible. Load same track to left channel and still sounds bad. I walk away and load the "bad sounding" song and it sounds great. Load the perfect sounding song and it sounds bad. Also after some time I will get "hiccuping" on my system so that for a scarey few seconds the program appears to freeze but the music continues to play and I can actually blend the next track by ear. The thought of buying another PC not really knowing if it will solve the problem really wracks my brain!!! I have followed all of the ideas from this forum to get the most out of my computer. I even connected a 12v power supply to the Herc. NO CHANGE!!!!

Fortunately the VDJ 3.4 is still installed so I can use that for now, but I see the great features on the 4.0.
(P.S.: I tried to install the 4.1 upgrade but the installer does not see the 4.0 version- do I need to uninstall the VDJ 3.4? If so we need to resolve the 4.0 issue before I go that route)

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 10:19 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
wgresham1 wrote :
Also after some time I will get "hiccuping" on my system so that for a scarey few seconds the program appears to freeze but the music continues to play and I can actually blend the next track by ear.

I remember this problem in 4.0, in the last 4.1 no problem but I don't know if this is fixed now.

4.1 update need to have 4.0 installed, if you have lost the 4.0 full installer ask here http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 8:55 am
how am i supposed to know whether the console is working off the usb power or the external 9v power adaptor that i bought for it??

cheers

DJ Rudra

geposted Sun 22 Oct 06 @ 7:31 pm
48%