Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: u46dj and mk2, anybody know mA rating?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Anybody know the mili amp ratings for the u46dj and mk2? I've got them both running off 300 mA adapters right now & my radium 49 on a 600mA adapter (I know radium 49 is rated at 400mA). I'm just wondering if I should upgrade the ac adapters as I know it could possibly cause a surge in the unit if I'm under powering it. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!!;^]

geposted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 6:39 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
From manual of MK2:

3.3. Power consumption
Your DJ Console Mk2 is optimized to achieve low power consumption when connected to your
computer via USB. If you are using a laptop, you can rest assured that your DJ Console Mk2 is
consuming high amounts of battery power as you mix and scratch your songs. Under the
most taxing conditions, your DJ Console Mk2 will consume approximately 350mA of power.
Should you wish, however, you can connect an optional power adapter (not included) and do
away with worries about power consumption altogether. Your power adapter’s DC output should
at least 350mA, for output voltage of between 7V~9V; voltage outside of this range will result
power being drawn exclusively from your computer via USB. The power adapter must be
regulated thus ensuring that its output voltage is stable. A regulated power supply is clearly
identified by the marking “Regulated”.
Successfully tested power adapters include:
Uniross AC/DC Regulated 1.5 – 12V 700mA Universal mains Adaptor (UNI700RSF)
Uniross AC/DC Regulated 3 – 12V 1000mA Universal Adaptor (AD101705)
DJ Console Mk2 features a male connector, which means that you will need a power adapter
with a female connector to attach to it. The inner pin in the male connector measures 2.0mm in
diameter, while the maximum outer diameter for the connector is 6.5mm. This type of jack is
referred to as a center positive polarity jack. Thus, when shopping for a power adapter, an
adapter with the following specifications would be ideal: 9V DC/500mA; 2.1mm x 5.5mm plug;
center positive polarity.

geposted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 7:08 pm
I am sure that in manual of u46dj it writesabout it too. However, there is no manual online for u46dj.

geposted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 7:12 pm
Thanks for the info! I found the rating for the u46dj and it's 500 mA, so I'm definatly under powering both of them (wished I had of thought of that before buying these 300 mA adapters). But we all know the story, ya live ya learn. I'm gonna go pick up new ones first thing tomorrow;^]

geposted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 9:45 pm
power supply for u46dj is 9v 500ma

geposted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 9:45 pm
So happy seaching for better power adapters ;)

geposted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:42 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I looked at everything Radio Shack had to offer......nothing.

Then I ran the card without it and never had a problem.
Problem solved, it really doesn't need it.

geposted Thu 07 Sep 06 @ 11:57 pm
mp3jrick wrote :
I looked at everything Radio Shack had to offer......nothing.

Then I ran the card without it and never had a problem.
Problem solved, it really doesn't need it.

Heh, I don't trust anything from radioshack. You can get universal AC adapters at pretty much any walmart with ratings between 300 mA - 1300 mA. The problem I've found is that using up to much USB power really screws with the audio and VDJ in general. I'm running a total of 7 USB devices from my notebook (8 including the powered hub), USB optical mouse, silicone USB keyboard, USB cooling pad, mk2, radium 49 and the u46dj. So my mk2 and u46dj are running off power supplys (though underrated) as well as my radium 49. I want to keep myself from drawing too much USB power wherever possible;^]

geposted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:38 am
I'm surpriced that even works Tommy ;)

You are right, full power is needed for best functionality, and not running into issues.

The Hercules alone needs about 500 mA. Thats about ALL the power a USB port can give .

If you are having problems, like audio drop-outs, "loosing" controll with hercules, "midi freeze" etc, try power them all ;) Cord or Hub

geposted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 1:45 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)