Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: High cpu usage

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi there,
i'm using the mk2 console powered by external d.c. power supply and don't have crackles problems, but i think that vdj 4 needs an overall optimization.

The most relevant issue is when loading a song into one of the decks the computer's cpu consumption is 100% (try to observe it by using the full audio and video interface or the windows task manager)

When using the internal mixing engine and changing the eq's parameters, the cpu consumption is very high and the same is when using the jog dials (using the mouse or the hercules is the same)

I've tried to record a 45 minutes dj set using the internal mixing and record engine and everytime a did some eq change the recording was full of drops, but it was not udible in real time, but just from the recorded file.

I've tried also to disable the hrcules mk2 audio engine and controller and i've used my scope cards (in that case i'me forced to use the asio 4 all driver, because vdj is not able to run with the low latency scope asio drivers), but the cpu consumption issues are the same, so, the hercules is not responsable about it.

I've done this test on the same computer that i'm using for audio production, amd 64 3400, 2 gigs of ram.

I've done another test on another computer (amd 64 sempron 3300, 1.5 gigs of ram) using an emu 404 card and i've encountered the same cpu issues.

I've tried to change the performance settings and things are a little better except when loading songs the cpu goes always to 100% but this seems not to add drops to audio.

I've still not tested vdj on intel cpu's, but for the amd side it needs some optimization and i'd like to be able of using the scope asio drivers capable of 4 ms of latency.

Best regards

Salvatore

geposted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 4:32 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Did you do a upgrade from 3.4 to 4.0 or was it a fresh install of 4.0? I had the same problem on my machine where the cpu utilisations was higher than if I used 3.4. After I was messing around to get my BCD2000 working I did a complete uninstall and a registry clean up to remove any left over stuff and it dropped my cpu usage by 20 % after just installing 4.0 on its own. My specs are P4 2.2 and 1Gb ram. I also have the cpu utilisation going to 100% when a new file loads but have never had problems with audio when this takes place.

geposted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 4:57 pm
Hi,
yes, i have upgraded from version 3.4, i'll try to follow your trick :)

For the moment i'm using a low performance setup and it works without drops.

Thanks

Sal

geposted Fri 08 Sep 06 @ 5:58 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
It is normal that CPU goes 100% when you load the song as VDJ tries to do it as fast as possible. Powerfull machines with 2 cores do it so quickly, it's amazing! If you have 20% CPU usage when VDJ is idle (doing nothing), than in settings>Performance tab disable "Overclock" and "Safemode" options and it will drop to 5-8%.

geposted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 8:15 am
hi,
i've made some test and i have installed it from scratch and now i'm satisfied about performance.
If working with the 3rd performance preset (the one before best quality) everything is fine, the quality is very good and there are not drops on recorded material.
If working with the 4th performance preset with the highest quality possible, the realtime playback is fine without drops, but if i do a recording using the internal recording engine, there are drops on the recorded material, especially when using the jog dials, so, if i need the top most quality, i can record the audio track on a secondary computer without problems.
I've seen that the cpu consumption during track loading does not affect the audio engine and the loading time on my pc is under 4 seconds, but i think that it could be good if vdj creates image files for each loaded song, so, the next time the song will be loaded, it will not need to analyze its image from scratch.

The cpu consumption on the amd 64 3400 is under 10% when virtual dj is idle.

I've done a comparison test with traktor and there is nothing to say about audio quality, vdj rocks .

geposted Sat 09 Sep 06 @ 3:43 pm
jerrydvPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Glad to see you are happy now with VDJ in terms of performance and cpu utilisation

geposted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 11:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)