Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Automix (jukebox) issue with v4.0 skipping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djmoosePRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK, never had this probelm with 3.4

Just upgraded to 4.0. Now...every once in a while, while in automix...

It'll end one song...mix into another...AS SOON as the first song is done (new song is already playing) and it goes to load the next track in the playlist...it like crapps out...'throws' the next track away, loads the NEXT one in the list...and at the SAME TIME jumps like 10 seconds in the newly started playing song.

This is unacceptable as it sounds TERRIBLE.

Any clues?

geposted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 6:07 am
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
enable force fade, set the fade length for 0.0 sec
set the fader for full

geposted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 7:04 am
I updated to 4.0 and my laptop did the same thing. Every once in a while during the automix (for dinner) it would pop in another song and skip ahead in the song that was playing. I also had some crackling. I adjusted the performance tab and unchecked the safe mode. Problem gone!!

geposted Sun 10 Sep 06 @ 9:16 am
How about an explanation on WHY this would happen all of a sudden.

I mean, to me...those settings of force fade, 0.0 seconds, etc etc wouldn't cause this problem to happen every once in a while. This obviously doesn't sound like a setting problem...it's some sort of bug which happens when a new track is auto-loaded onto a deck. What blows my mind is that if it doesn't like the new track...the currently playing track JUMPS like 10 seconds.

Why would setting force fade and fade length have an effect on the song that's ALREADY BEEN FADED INTO? Why woul dit have an effect on what's happening AFTER THE FADE HAS ALREADY HAPPENED (and completed)

Joey G, which way did you go on the performance? better or worse?

geposted Mon 11 Sep 06 @ 4:44 am
elite1PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I experienced the same thing last night with settings I've used for over a year with 3.x. The track it decided it didn't want to play in Automix mode loaded and played normally out of Automix mode. I also heard it skip when it decided not to mix to the song it eliminated. This is an issue and not a setting problem. I don't want a 0.0 second fade, I want it about 7-8 seconds so it's nice and smooth. I have the other settings set like everyone keeps saying, only my length is at 8.0 seconds.

Again, this didn't EVER happen with 3.2, 3.3 or 3.4.

geposted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 2:08 am
elite1, that's EXACTLY it. Glad you menioned that the problematic track plays fine if you manually place it on a turntable.

Any thoughts on this? Please chime in if this has happened to you. I've been using 3.x for over a year now and this has never happened.

I also dont want a 0 second fade like elite1. (and it's not a fade setting problem anyway)

geposted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 2:14 am
The same thing happens to me. I want a 2 sec. xfade, and never had the problem before...

geposted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 9:50 pm
OK, turning off safe mode did solve the random start point in automix, but then I also had to turn off overclock and set latency to 1024 to get rid of poppin. Now I see a slightly degraded video window, but I think I need a better video card.

I have an Nvidia GeForce 5500 fx. Anyone else running this card without issues? When using the new full video skin, all my video on my system gets choppy, although output remains fine.

geposted Tue 12 Sep 06 @ 10:53 pm
I wouldn't call it a RANDOM start point...the new track starts right at the cue point and fades in nicely...it's when VDJ goes to load the next track in the playlist...it doesn't like it...spits it away...loads the next track...AND SKIPS INTO THE ALREADY PLAYING (and already faded into) TRACK like 10 seconds.

I don't think this is a latency setting issue either...

Everyone, please chime in if this is happening to you.

geposted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 4:52 am
It WAS happening to me. I turned off safe mode and the problem went away.

geposted Wed 13 Sep 06 @ 5:13 am
Can we get some thoughts from the VDJ guys?

geposted Thu 14 Sep 06 @ 2:36 am

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 4:47 pm
bump

geposted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 4:56 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I can confirm this, happened to me too.
I will report it to Dev team.

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 3:32 am
I think they'll tell you to turn off safe mode:)

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 2:58 pm
turn off safe mode;)

hehe...

Its been reported by Apopsis, and Dev Team is aware of it ..:)

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:01 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Turn off the lights... !

oups this is an old song -)
(very sweat soul ballad by Teddy Pendergrass)

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:12 pm
Told ya:P

geposted Tue 19 Sep 06 @ 5:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)