Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Possible to run one timecode vinyl to MK2?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, I am running Virtual dj with Dj Console MK2. I plan on upgrading to pro but I have a few questions. Is it possible to connect just one turntable with timecoded vinyl to the MK2 console without buying an external mixer? Also, whats the main reason to get another mixer and connect it to the console if the console itself is already a mixer? Is it because it's a low quality mixer or is it because the jog wheels are too close to the crossfader? If thats the case can u just remove the jog wheels from the console and scratch from timecoded vinyls?

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 6:34 am
You can connect one (or two) turntables running timecode on the MK2 yes.

It works ok, but since the MK2 asio drivers are a bit slow, its not all good for super fast hiphop scratch.
Regular beatmatch djing works :)

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 2:49 pm
Oh I see, so if I get an external mixer that will eliminate lag issues? But won't the external mixer be connected to the console anyways and the lag will still be present?

geposted Sun 17 Sep 06 @ 7:57 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
The lag is in the MK2 ASIO drivers so it doesn't matter if you use external mixer or not. Better card (like ESI U46DJ) has a better/lower latency and you can scratch like crazy :)

geposted Mon 18 Sep 06 @ 12:51 am
so how do u connect rca can anyone post a pic of this setup

geposted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 7:01 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 10:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)