Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: can u use 2 channel mixers?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

logic54Home userMember since 2005
I have 2 technics 1200 turntables. I have a 2 channel vestax mixer. Will I be able to use time coded vinyl with that? From what I understand its just two outputs and 2 inputs. However on the how to use timecoded vinyl on this site min. requirments say u need a 3 channel mixer. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Dj Mike

geposted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 11:55 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You don't need 3 chan mixer. You need sound card that has 2 stereo inputs and 2 stereo outputs. And mixer with 2 stereo inputs, so 2 channel mixer - that's all. I am sure you can connect yout Vestax mixer to use with TCVs.

but to use 2 turntables you need PRO version of VDJ too.

geposted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 12:32 pm
logic54Home userMember since 2005
Can I use two sound cards with 1 input and 1 output in each? All I need is the pro version and two timecoded vinyls? I have one sounds card that came with my mobo its a pci express audio and I have an additional sound blaster live.

Dj Mike

geposted Mon 02 Oct 06 @ 6:54 pm
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
The third mixer's channel is used for the loops

geposted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 12:19 pm
logic54 wrote :
Can I use two sound cards with 1 input and 1 output in each? All I need is the pro version and two timecoded vinyls? I have one sounds card that came with my mobo its a pci express audio and I have an additional sound blaster live.

Dj Mike

not sure about it. never tryed, but you won't get minimal latency with standard soud cards. Rather buy u46dj and you will get great combination with very low latency with ASIO drivers.

And 2 TCVs and PRO VDJ yes :)

geposted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 1:47 pm
rEsK wrote :
The third mixer's channel is used for the loops

Can you bring out loops to separate channel??? Did you mean samples?
:)

i use 3rd output at DJC MK1 for samples and AUX in at mixer (i have 2 chan mixer too).

geposted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 1:49 pm
rEsKPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes, sometimes i write without think :)
Sorry

geposted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 3:41 pm
;)

geposted Tue 03 Oct 06 @ 3:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)