Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Strange Video Behavior

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I play a LOT of video, system is VERY high spec so that's not an issue. Now last night whilst setting up, I tried playing around with a few settings in VDJ4. I've encountered a strange behaviour I'm hoping someone can explain.

All Video codecs set to "Video decoder" in VDJ, all plays fine, whatever i throw in there, vobs, divx, mpg etc etc, no probs at all (although I do find that Vobs load slower than any other format, but that's another issue)

Change codecs to Windows Media Video Encoder and BANG! Whatever format of video I throw in, VDJ chokes and splutters, flashes the screen, keeps repeatedly showing "loading" then completely locks up!

Anyone else seen this or can provide an explanation?

geposted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 1:50 pm
Use VDJ encoder;)

Windows media player encoder uses WMP.. And depending on version, installed codecs (and codec mess) it will work good or not that good... ;)

At least have the latest version of Windows Media Player, clean as possible codec packs for WMP, and latest DirectX (new august 2006)

But why not use VDJ encoder? ;)

geposted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 2:32 pm
Yea, I had that happen also and my video card just cut out. Had to fully restart. Hasn't yet happened again and hope it doesn't.

geposted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 4:33 pm
But why not use VDJ encoder? ;)

Because I have a TON of files that will not load or play with the internal decoder.

Just thought I would answer.

Rusty

geposted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 4:50 pm
Don't get me wrong, I DO use the VDJ internal, and it plays everything I throw at it. But sometimes we just play around and try different settings don't we? With regards to my system, it's a VERY clean system, never goes on the net, all directx is up to date as is WMP. Now with codecs, I've said it before, I'll say it again :-

NEVER instal codec "PACKS". They are the spawn of the devil and can ruin a good machine! The Nimo one especially can cause LOTS of problems. Simply install the single codecs you need!

OK, lesson over, so, taking the above into consideration, I find it strange that my VDJ chokes (and I man CHOKES violently) if I try and use the WMP encoder. I wasn't exagerrating when I said flashing screen, the word 'loading' just flashing in the video preview window, then VDJ locks up so solid that it has to have several goes with ctrl alt del to close it. One of the most violent repeatable crashes I have ever seen in my many years of computing.

Now, it's not a problem as such since VDJ encoder works fine, it's just one of those questions where curiosity makes you want to know the reason.

geposted Fri 06 Oct 06 @ 5:14 pm
Look at it the other way, at least you aren't stuck with the computer I am dealing with. I notice the same things as you if I change to WMP Codecs as it was something I tried while I was tryin to fix my system.

geposted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 12:28 am
bloody hell Brian! Please don't tell me you're still having problems! :-O

geposted Sat 07 Oct 06 @ 3:27 am
Well VDJ is running ok, it is just when I try to use controllers that I was having problems. I can't use the MK2 as a sound card, but I can use it for MIDI, but I don't want to as I now use my DAC2 and XSession and love the combination. I found out that my DAC problems were related to the fact that everytime the bass hit and drew power my DAC would go out. All I did to fix that was put the computer and DAC on a seperate breaker. I gave up on trying to make the MK2 work on this system.

geposted Sun 08 Oct 06 @ 7:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)