Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Version 4.0 will install but not work

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

willkPRO InfinityMember since 2005
3.4 still works flawlessy but after install of 4.0, followed by the update of 4.1, as far as i can get is the box that pops up asking what skin you would like to use, followed by if i want to import my itunes library. I click thru this and my screen goes black for a second, then comes back with a square black box in the center of my screen. If i click on the desktop with my mouse ( but not actually in the area taken up by the black box ) my screen goes black again for a few secs. , then comes back and the black box is bigger and it looks as if my screen resoultion has changed. I have to use CTRL-Alt-Del to get into my running processes to force quit the program. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768 with a refresh rate of 60hz. Gt 6600 video card with 256 megs of DDR3 ram, Intel D915 GUX motherboard with 4 gigs of ram ,P4 3.6 procssor. I have updated all my video drivers and also the d3dx9_.30.dll direct from the microsoft website. Any one else having similar 4.0 woes? Thanks in advance.. Will K. in Florida

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 3:20 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
Deinstall all versions of VDJ than install 4.0 and update 4.1 and it should be ok.

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 11:25 am
Thanks for the info. I will give that a try and post back.

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 5:50 pm
Got it to fire up finally. But got few error messages on the way. First of all it said that the skin i was using was a higher resolution that my screen. My screen is set to 1024 x 768. I thought that was standard for vdj. Second i got a direct x sound driver error. I have ALL the latest windows and direct x drivers including 9c. I got rid of the sound driver error by switching to the simple sound setup as before i had a pair of xp 10's hooked in as well as my Nuo 4 mixer. I will have to fuss with those to see if i can get eveything to work again....Here goes....

geposted Mon 16 Oct 06 @ 6:33 pm
I wish you luck ;)

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 12:13 am
Sorry to say it but screw 4.1! Lol! It's not that i don't appreciate the effort that the dev team is doing but i will stick with 3.4 for now. It has no problem with my XP 10 controllers and my Nuo 4 mixer, as well as the MPD 16 unit have hooked up.. All run smooth as silk.

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 4:36 am
The Ecler problem will be fixed, team is working on it, be patient.

geposted Tue 17 Oct 06 @ 7:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)