Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: linking videos to external crossfader.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've just downloaded the trial version of virtual dj pro 4 and would really like to purchase the real version. The main reason I became interested in vdj4 is because of the video djing capabilities. However, I can't figure out how to link the internal video crossfader with the crossfader on my external mixer. Ideally, I would like to be able to fade audio -and video- between my two cd turntables with my external mixer. I've tried to search the forum for posts that could help me but it seems like after reading over some of the posts that you can only link the crossfaders with some type of mini controller. I really don't understand what this is or means or why it should be difficult to link the two. In addition to checking the forum about my issue i looked in the manual and found that in the config under the video tab there is an option that shouldl supposely link the two, but it doesn't.

One more question, after downloading the virtual dj pro, the display on my computer, even when vdj isn't running, is standard size instead of widescreen. Meaning there are black bars on each side of the screen at all imes.

Could someone help me out? Cause I can't wait to start djing videos!

geposted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 4:39 am
Is possible to link audio and video but not with any mixer, it must supports midi so then you can link audio and video crossfaders, otherwise you'll need to get a midi mixer like nuo4 or pioneer djm800 ,regards.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 5:36 am
Wow, those are both really exspensive. What about this hercules dj controller? Could I link both video and audio together through the hercules crossfader.

geposted Tue 31 Oct 06 @ 11:10 pm

yes you can on herc ;)

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 12:16 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i use it tis ace:)

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 12:38 am
You can also use the bcd2000.

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:37 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:)

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 3:47 am
and the x-session! that one is a big hit, and very portable.

geposted Wed 01 Nov 06 @ 9:22 am
I know the x-session is usb powered, but can you power it with a 9v power adapter also? And, can I plug it into my serato sound card box and use my two pioneer cdj turntables.

geposted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:03 am
sorry this started out as a software post because I assumed there was some type of option in the config to enable any external mixer to work with videos. I will move this to the hardware forum.

geposted Thu 02 Nov 06 @ 6:30 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)