Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: V4 crash when loading Sonique or a slide show.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I tried V4 the first week it was released, it totally locked up on me in a live performance and scared the CRAP out of me. I went back 3.4 and have stayed there. I've now had time to sit down and try and re-create the crash and have found the little booger.

It's the effects module, if I load Sonique or a slide show the program totally freezes requiring a Ctl-Alt-Del (Program not responding message in task manager) I searched the forum and only found one other reference to this possible problem with no responses.

Has any one else had this problem?
Is this a bug?
Any fixes?
Got Milk?

geposted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 7:26 pm
update to 4.1 ;)

its fixed

geposted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 7:38 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:)

geposted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 8:02 pm
djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks guys, I didn't know 4.1 had been released. I've got to get out more often. :^)

Renee

geposted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 9:34 pm
infoHome userMember since 2021
I'm on 4.1r2 and still ge the same problem...

Virtual dj runs fine with everything else other than the sonique visualisations....

Have run karaoke and video as well as audio fine.... even ran the slide show fine BUT after a short while of running the sonique visualisations the system locks up and only Ctrl - Alt - Delete and closing virtual dj and the re-opening works to get things back...

I just took it that my system couldn't cope with the visuals (as only a P4 1.6ghz with 512mb ram) as the CPU is on 100% none stop when i run the visuals.... With everything else such as karaoke, video and audio the cpu runs on full for the analising of the track but then drops to pretty much nothing after that...

Have just gone back to running the system without visualisations and dont have any issues.... Weird really. Have just got another P4 2.6ghz system with 512mb ram delivered (will upgrade in a few weeks to 1gig or 2gig of ram) so will install Virtual DJ on that and see if i have the same issues or whether the extra 1ghz of processor helps and stops the crashing with visualisations...

geposted Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 2:02 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)