Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video / Audio split

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I was thinking the other day, As I re-installed v3.4 cause i didn't update to 4.1r1 yet and lost my scan logs of all my mp3's. That although 3.4 handles video it does AUDIO much better. and 4.2(realistically) handles video better; That it might be time for a Product Split. A VDJ Audio only editon and a Video edition. For me Persoanally I don;t use the video components of VDJ, and 3.4 worked Just fine, Especially when using the Dac-2, then it was super smooth and a joy to mix with.

Any thoughts?
Time For a product Split?

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion Nightclub.

geposted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 11:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its been suggested but i dont think it would catch on

as it would need alot of developing

if you have proformance issues the rule of thumb is to lower the proformance slider

preferences>proformances

fast<quality

geposted Sun 05 Nov 06 @ 11:56 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That's total non-sense -- the audio vs. video is not the issue. The issue is that as the software gets more advance in it's user configuration settings - most users think they can have a Ferrari performance in there basic family of 4 sedan.

Alot of the people that have problems with their setups don't dedicate their systems to only VDJ use. Just read that issues - things like networking still active (surfing the net VDJ locks up), well the graphics are fine when I play my favorite games (big difference in use compared to VDJ), and I can go on.

Now Marcel, I know you have been around for awhile and I know you don't fit in the picture above. If you would read through the forums you would find that the Controller Engine has changed in 4.1 and so the mappers have to be re-written - unfortunately the people doing the DAC2 mapper isn't the one who wrote the best mapper out there - daniels - Go back to 4.0 if you still want the mapping as 3.4. Also, there is plenty advice in the forum on how to get 3.4 performance - go to the performance tab and move the slider far left.

But, I completely disagree on the split -- there is no need for it. I just wish people would look at what they have and how it impacts the use of the software and quit blaming the software -- I have a machine in a club that has gone from 2.6 through 4.1r2 and that includes all the beta testing for 4.0. Never have I had to reload the system or does it exhibit any of the problems (AutoMix, Skipping, etc) that people have been stating in these forums. You may ask well why??? Because it is dedicated to VDJ and that is it!! No fancy crap straight DJ dedication and yes capable of clean TCV and TCCD use with video and/Or audio. Does it experience the occasional delay or hicup - sure but I know that because I know it's limits.

Sorry guys for the rant and vent - but this community works to hard to support a pioneering company and software product just to have it split into two.

cstoll

geposted Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 4:39 am
i agree with cstoll; take me for example, i have two laptops im working with. one is a dell latituve c640 with 2.00 ghz... the otheron is a hp compact nx9010 with 3.06ghz.

vdj to my surprise is working flawless on my delll full video most of the time(but i know i need more ram rt now ;its @ 728 or something but mind u this lappy is like sooo old dell support doesnt support it .lol
however my hp compact is maybe 1 1/2 yrs old and while playing a video on deck one thats all i can do...if i try to load a video on th other deck ...if it do load i cant get any sound to play ( somtimes it goes in and out ) ;and it has the same 728 ram in it as well.

i dont blame vdj for this cause im seeing its potetial on my dell .however my dell is dedicated for djing!

since it stop charging batteries, i figured why not .i dont needa full battery to do a gig ,jus enough power to keep me going in case of power failure i can do a proper shut down.
on the other hand i never did a clean up on my hp... the kids surf and download off the net;i have fl6 ,sonar,roxio and nero along with pctur and dvd programs on it . i expct it to f' up a lil bit but until i build another cpu(waiting on the day after thanksgiving heheh) i cant afford not having it for what it is rt now. who knows it'll probrably kick my old azz dell thru the roof(im hoping)lol
if not then il'll let my daughter have it and build me a rackmount which i want anyways for superior video mixing @ the club.

but im not gonna get on the forun n be like hey whats wrong wit this vdj,it wont work on my new laptop only my old one ... vdj needs to give m a better version choice so i can us it proprly.(opps i guess i jus did hehehh)lol

BOOGIE

geposted Mon 06 Nov 06 @ 5:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)