Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Played History

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Okay, I'm investigating this product, and I really like how it is shaping up. I've looked into it before, but the audio quality hasn't been what I was looking for. As of the last several releases though, the demos are sounding good, so I'm taking it more seriously. I've been digging through the features and reading the forums to learn as much as I can, to see if this will fit my goals for more creativity.

Something I saw in OtsDJ that I liked, is that they have a way to see the history, real time. Hence, I can switch to a window, and see what I played last, and on back to the first song I played during the session. Is there a way to do this with Virtual DJ? Or might your development team consider it? I would love this feature, but the other various limitting factors of OtsDJ are not appealing, and the far spectrum of features that OtsDJ has, covering Karaoke and video as well, all for $300 is probably meaning that as soon as I can dig up the funds, I'm be purchasing this program. Meanwhile, I'd like to still partake in information getting if you all will allow it. I need something to do besides just wait for the funds.

I did find the "History" text files, and that would be useful for review after an event, but what I would be interested in, is something real time. I certainly wouldn't like to see yet another partition in the browser area, maybe just a button for a "pop-up" window so a user can do a quick recap of where he's/she's been every so often :)

So, is there a way to do this already, or would it be something the development team would consider? It would sure be a nice feature for some of us older (35) DJ who seem to think our memory is slipping...LOL.

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 12:01 am
Oh, come guys, surely someone can comment, even if it's a "sorry, no way"

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 4:32 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
once a song is played it turns red in the list

for a full history of the songs played look at the history file in the virtual dj program its not pretty but it contains useful info

as u mentioned i think

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 4:38 pm
I've noticed that the songs turn red, and I noticed the history file.

However, the history file only seems to update after you close Virtual DJ completely down. Hence, I could be playing for 30 minutes, and if I want to know in what order I've play songs, and open the history file, it will show nothing for session... unless I close down virtualdj, and start it up again... not really practical during a gig.

Additionally, the red markers only show what has been played, not when and in what order. Additionally, I only see them if I search for the song, or if it happens to come up. Still very useful in helping a DJ not repeat a song, admittedly.

It just seems that the engine is already partially there, the history data is already being tracked. It would be nice if it could be displayed realtime in a popup window, or just have a bottom for it, maybe in the playlist, to change the playlist for a second to the "played" list. Anyway, it isn't a huge deal, but it is a nice feature that I liked in the demo of OtsDJ.

My mentioning this idea is just a suggestion for something that may not be too hard to add, but may be a nice little feature.

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:17 pm
cool :) thanks for sharing the idea :)

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 6:19 pm
Actually, VDJ 4.1 seems to be doing exactly that now. Although it's not a new partition or window, nor a button, the songs I play go to the playlist partition in the right. I don't know when it was implemented, but it is a nice feature that I was waiting for. Obviously maybe the playlist is not the best place to put it, I'd rather have a column (like in MixVibes) labeled "Last played", so if you click on it, the songs are sorted in played order. Either that or a button with a pop up window... even a new partition would be welcome xD.

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 7:59 pm
Okay, that looks like a nifty trick. Looks like if I enable "repeat" in the playlist, it does what you are saying. So it's not so much a "played last" list in the playlist area, just setting up for repeating the list. I suppose that would accomplish to an extent, the objective, though a person would need to just make sure they kept pushing new titles at the top of the list. Will have to play with it some more to see if it will still stick played tunes in there, even when mixing manually. You tried that yet?

Still, it would be slicker to have a popup window of some sort, so it wasn't mixed in with the current playlist.

Once again, not a complaint on my part, just a suggestion for a nice little extra feature, for the developers in their "free time"...LOL :) Maybe they will have in incorporated by the time I purchase the full version... or maybe not...LOL... I'll buy it either way.

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:44 pm
:)

geposted Tue 07 Nov 06 @ 11:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)