Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: vdj 4.1 + mk1 + anything else?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

trez777Home userMember since 2006
okay, i was able to buy an almost new hercules mk1 console from a friend (he never used it all and was in his closet for a year!). i have vdj 4.1 trial and i am pretty much satisfied with the console's response and the vdj itself -- no license yet but thinking of getting one once trial expires. now, my question is do i still need to get an external mixer (2 channel or 3 channel) to make my setup professional? whats gonna be an advantage of getting an external mixer? can i hook my mk1 console to it? if i do, wouldnt i just be repeating the same functionality (controlling vdj, faders, eq, effects, loops) thats available in my mk1 on the external mixer? whats the benefit?

also, i've read some are using vdj with just an external usb soundcard and an external mixer. if thats the case, how do they control vdj itself? do they just use the mouse to transition/beatmatch/etc?

i admit, i am just starting out this dj'ing thing (was very interested few yrs back but never had the time to start) and initially was planning to get cdjs and a mixer to begin with. but now, my decision is final which is to go digital. getting cdjs is not a priority right now due to funds constraint.

geposted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 4:53 pm
i forgot, my current setup right now is just a dell laptop (plenty of ram/hdd) and the mk1 console. planning to get a decent dj headphones (either senheisser or sony).

geposted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 4:55 pm
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What type of DJ-ing do you want to do?

geposted Mon 13 Nov 06 @ 5:17 pm
well just house mixing, no scratching or anthything like that -- just plain fade in, beatmeatch a little, fade out (or add some effects during the transition).

geposted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 1:41 am
socrossPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Then you don't really need anything else. Timecoded stuff is really for scratch dj's or dj's who just really prefer the feel of turntables.

I've been turntable-free for over a year now and I'm not looking back!!

geposted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 1:43 am
hey socross, are you the one in the one of the videos in the Video Demonstrations thread? if you are, then the vid was awesome man! i noticed you just have a 3-way external mixer, gigaport usb soundcard, and your inspiron laptop. how do u control vdj withouth having the mk2?

geposted Tue 14 Nov 06 @ 1:06 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)