Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How Do I Get The TEXT Effect To Work

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Stupid question guys, but I can't seem to make the text effect work. It worked once when I first installed 4.x but I've never been able to get it to work since. When I go to the effects tab, Choose video effects, select text.

A panel with a large activate button and a large white area (where you're supposed to type some text) and a color pallette shows up. I can't type anything into the white area though. Doesn't matter if the activate button is on or off, I can't type anything into there.

Can someone tell me how to fix this.

geposted Wed 22 Nov 06 @ 8:58 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This seems to be a bug in VirtualDJ... it's a bit of a pain at times.

I hope they can smooth out the problems with the text effect, but for now, how you work around this is to enable another video effect, then disable it, and then go back to the text effect.

For me that does the trick.

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 8:18 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes it seems this is a bug

i have problems aslo

geposted Fri 24 Nov 06 @ 8:21 pm
Just curious,.. if no one can get this plugin to work, I wonder why I haven't seen the issue posted before. Maybe it has been and I just don't check the software support forum enough.

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 11:44 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It works for me, ... strange.
The cursor does not move? Could it be because you have selected white text color?

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 11:55 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It works for me and for other ones that's why i'm surprised

Are you sure to press the button "Apply" and to "Activate" the plugin

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 1:08 pm
i personaly cannot type in the box

or change the colors

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 1:13 pm
I think that is a bug related directly with the video cards, mine works fine.

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 7:41 pm
i too think it may be a video card dependent buggy something or other.

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 1:53 am
that sounds like a reasonable explination:)

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 1:54 am

I have same "bug"

But as suggested, activate ANOTHER video effect first, then go back to the text plugin, and it works.

At least for me...

It buggy to as to be the first video plugin to try, but works great if you activate some other plugin first,
And aslo, make sure you are actually mixing video :)

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 4:50 am
Something strange with me is that for a little while, whenever I activated the text overlay, the computer slowed down to a bloody crawl... so slow that I couldn't load the songs fast enough to play them, and they'd skip very badly.

Anyone else had this experience?

Maybe the text effect needs some reworking, eh?

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 10:53 am
Supacon wrote :

Maybe the text effect needs some reworking, eh?

sounds like it. i'll refrain from using it until it works much better and bug free...

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 11:57 am
While on the subject...
It'd be nice if there were some more options for the text overlay...
-Ability to customize color pallete
-Ability to change fonts
-Ability to use optional markup language to stylize text better.
-Presets for common messages (perhaps buttons that load templates)

And if there is a need for really fancy stuff, it'd be cool to be able to have animations, flashing text, and transitions, slides, etc.

As it is now, it works pretty good, but I think it's just a little bland, and it gets old after a while. I used to use milkdrop with Winamp and also foobar2000 before I discovered virtualDJ, and milkdrop has some pretty neat things that you can do with text... I'd set up a bunch of preset messages and ads, and have them fade in and out, scroll, change colour, etc. It looked super slick on the projectors at 1024x768 at 32 bit color. The major downsides to this as opposed to the way that virtualDJ's text overlay works were:
-it was a pain to add new text, because you had to go and manually edit a long config text file.
-You could only have one line of text at a time.
-It was rather difficult to make sure you had the size and position ideal, because there was no easy way to preview it.

Other than that, milkdrop was great, and the bar manager/owner liked it because it advertised automatically. It sucked for one-time things, like birthday announcments and the like, however.

Just some ideas for the dev team, if anyone's interested. I'd be interested in feedback on these ideas... I might rework this post into a thread for the new features section.

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 12:50 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Supacon wrote :
While on the subject...
It'd be nice if there were some more options for the text overlay...
-Ability to customize color pallete
-Ability to change fonts
-Ability to use optional markup language to stylize text better.
-Presets for common messages (perhaps buttons that load templates)

And if there is a need for really fancy stuff, it'd be cool to be able to have animations, flashing text, and transitions, slides, etc.

Don't worry it's coming but i have less and less time to finalize it :-(
(font: ok, color:ok, position:ok, clock:ok, save&load text:ok)

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 7:25 pm
Oh, cool... glad to see that it is on the todo list.

This particular feature of virtualDJ might seem like a trivial accessory, but it's incredibly useful. It's unbelieveable how many people how been wowed by having their birthday announced on the screens, or the pubcrawl captains who were impressed by how I could announce that they are leaving via the screens.

Not to mention the manager who appreciates the advertising, drink specials, and last calls being on the screen.

Anything that could be done to make it look nicer, work more efficiently, and expand the capabilities of the text overlay would really serve to further increase the value of VirtualDJ.

geposted Sun 26 Nov 06 @ 8:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)