Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Config Problems?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

NickyBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
When I look in the Video Effects and Video Transition folders, they are empty. I've downloaded the Sonique effects, unzipped them all (lots of .svp files) but when I try to access them in Virtual DJ - I get NADA! What have I done wrong?

Also, with hardware acceleration turned ON, my Video Transitions run as expected BUT I get an ugly greenish-yellow line in the middle of my video out. When I turn acceleration OFF, the line disappears but the only Video Transition that now works is a FADE. Again, where did I go wrong.

I am using a Toshiba Satellite laptop with 1.5Gb memory, 120Gb internal HD. My videos are on a 1Tb external Maxstor via USB 2.0.

Thanks -
NickyB

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 4:08 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
what graphix card do you have :)?

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 4:24 pm
According to my Device Manager, it's an Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset built onto the motherboard.

Thanks- NickyB

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 5:56 pm
phillydjPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
None of the Onboard cards have had success with Hardware Accel, Intel being the worst for it.
That's why we advise Rackmount Units for easy upgrades.
If your gonna Use video on a lappie, Get a Laptop with a Mid to High End
ATI or Nvidia with at the very least 128mb dedicated ram

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 6:04 pm

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 6:09 pm
Thanks- I spin mostly mp3 but want to get into video more over time. I am trying to get a handle on this stuff right now as I'm new to the music video scene in my area. Not much of it going on right now here. I am not opposed to picking out another higher end laptop; just want to get the 'right' one to do the job. Thanks for the link - I'll do the read!

Thanks for the insight -
NickyB

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 6:17 pm
any time sorry it wasnt better news :)

geposted Sat 25 Nov 06 @ 6:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)