Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using hardware acceleration with NVidia

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

lbushbyPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi Folks

This is my first post and I hope you can help.

I have been running VDJ 3 & 4 on an old PC using old hardware and havent had any problems with hardware acceleration.

I how now however just purchased a new machine with a NVidia Geforce 7300 LE Video card. I have installed Version 4 and have found it unusable with the hardware acceleration option enabled.

Have ensured I have latest version of VDJ version 4.1r2, DirectX Ver 9.0c and Video driver version 5.72.22.49.09

Problems with video freeze, blank screen etc at start of new vids. I can disable and enable the option to get round this problem but wonder if anyone has a solution to this problem to enable the hardware acceleration to be kept enabled as this allows the transitions and video effects to work properly.

Many thanks in advance

Lee

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 5:12 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
whats ur full spec mate?

geposted Thu 14 Dec 06 @ 10:54 pm
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is it true that VirtualDJ doesn't work well with NVidia cards? I mostly use ATI cards with good results, but the time I tried it with a newer, lower priced NVidia card, video froze and was slow and laggy and otherwise just plain sucked.

Is there a list of recommended video cards for VDJ?

geposted Fri 15 Dec 06 @ 8:17 am
Hi Folks information on my spec is a follows.

Dimension E520 Pentium D 820 Processor Dual Core (2.80Ghz, 800Mhz FSB, 2x1MB cache)
Memory Dual Channel 1024MB (2x512) 533MHz DDR2
Hard Drive 500GB Serial ATA2 Non Raid (2x250GB) 7200Rpm Dual HDD Config
DVD+/-RW (read/write) 16x max and DVD (Reader) 16x (2 drives)
PowerDVD 5.1 Software
Sonic Software for DVD/RW+R (Read/Write+ Reader)
Video card Nvidia Geforce 7300 Turbocache 256MB DVI/VGA output with 1xS-Video Output
Sound Card Audio with Dolby Digital 7.1 capability
UK Modem Internal V.92 PCI (Data, Fax) with RJ11 cable
Mouse Dell Wheel USB (2 buttons scroll) Black
Mouse & Pad Dell logo
UK/Irish Keyboard Dell Entry Quietkey USB (QWERTY) Black

That information is straight from the invoice so hope that helps.

Just for the record my old machine had a NVidia4 Geforce4 MX4000 and that worked well with and without hardware acceleration so I dont believe the graphics card is neceseraly the problem or that all NVidia cards have the same issue. I must say however the reasons for the upgrade in machine was because of the drop in frame rate with the old card as it just wasnt man enough to cope with video but saying that all the sonique effects and transitions would work without any problem and video would never freeze.

So if anyone else has this issue or has any ideas how to resolve would love to hear.

Will continue to experiment today.

Thanks in advance

Lee

geposted Fri 15 Dec 06 @ 9:53 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do u have the latest drivers for it?

geposted Fri 15 Dec 06 @ 10:21 am
Quick update.

As far as I am aware all the drivers I have from windows, DirectX and Nvidia are upto date. I am however just downloading a copy of the drivers from NVidia to be on the safe side.

In the mean time I have worked out how to make this card work with accelearation.

Under the Video driver setting you have a troubleshooting tab.

Listed under this section is a harware acceleration slide bar.

If you reduce the hardware acceleration to about half way and ensure that DirectDraw and Direct3D are disabled.

Now you will find the Virtual DJ will work with hardware acceleration enabled and the frame rate and quality is much better. You will also find that you are able to use the transitions and other graphical effects.

I am still trying to work on this issue but for the time being any others users having this problem with NVidia should try this solution and see how you get on.

I am now happy again, thanks for your comments.

:) Lee

geposted Fri 15 Dec 06 @ 2:55 pm
I am convinced that this problem is directly related to the "TurboCache" feature many new nVidia cards are using.

I have gotten hold of a laptop with the exact same specs as mine except for having a 7900 series graphics card without TurboCahce and only discrete memory. The problem on this machine is completely non-existant and it works flawlessly. If only there was a way of disabling turbocache.

geposted Sun 18 Feb 07 @ 3:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)