Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: losing bpm and time info after analyzing

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

usually I add 20 to 30 songs at a time (mp3's) into a folder called new stuff. I then highlight all the songs and right click on analyze -any music. They all complete eventually and show all the info on bpm, etc.
But after I copy some of them to a different folder, sometimes a portion of those copied appears to have lost their bpm and time info; usually about 50% of those will. hen I have to rescan/analyze those again. What a pain.

Any explanations?

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 5:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
are you closing down virtual dj fully each time?

if you dont info will not be saved

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 5:19 pm
Are you saying that after I analyze I have to close down, restart, then move and/or copy to aother folders?

Why do some get saved and others are lost??

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 5:42 pm
sorry i got confused click on the folder

you moved them to and press recurse

in the recordcase

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 6:17 pm
A little popup comes up, right? Then I click to move or copy to the particular folder. Where is the recurse
you are speaking about? In that popup folder somewhere?

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 6:33 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
bryantpb wrote :
usually I add 20 to 30 songs at a time (mp3's) into a folder called new stuff. I then highlight all the songs and right click on analyze -any music. They all complete eventually and show all the info on bpm, etc.
But after I copy some of them to a different folder, sometimes a portion of those copied appears to have lost their bpm and time info; usually about 50% of those will. hen I have to rescan/analyze those again. What a pain.

Any explanations?

Sky will help you regarding this issue, but I have another suggestion to save you some trouble: try creating a "virtual folder" (the red icon with + sign), which basically stores shortcuts to songs you drag from the browser. That folder will be a list of songs that are new (of course you can sort them by any other property - genre, bpm range, release dates, label, etc.), and if you want to remove them just delete them from that folder (right click + delete) - it will not psychically remove the track from your disc nor VDj database. This way you don't have to actually move the tracks ;)

Be advised, when deleting on actual folders (not virtual), it will remove the track psychically from your disc!

Regards.

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 7:28 pm
bryantpb wrote :
A little popup comes up, right? Then I click to move or copy to the particular folder. Where is the recurse
you are speaking about? In that popup folder somewhere?

first click on the folder where they are now

and then press recurse :)

it will update links

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 7:34 pm
Erxon,
This is good news! Let me get this clear, however. I usually copy files from the new stuff folder first into their respective folders, i.e., oldies, country, etc.
Then when the new stuff gets old I delete them, but they still exist in their correct folders.

Also, I keep a copy set of slow songs in a slow song folder.
So I have two copies of all my slowsongs. Now are you saying I don't really need those copies in that slow song folder if I create a virtual folder that contains shortcuts. Wow! Neat! Now my question would be how can I delete all those extra songs in the slow song folder and create a slow song virtual folder w/o going thru every song in its original folder again. I am assuming if I create a bunch of shortcuts from the slowsong folder than delete the slowsong folder, the shortcuts will be useless.

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 8:51 pm
bryantpb wrote :
Erxon,
This is good news! Let me get this clear, however. I usually copy files from the new stuff folder first into their respective folders, i.e., oldies, country, etc.
Then when the new stuff gets old I delete them, but they still exist in their correct folders.

Also, I keep a copy set of slow songs in a slow song folder.
So I have two copies of all my slowsongs. Now are you saying I don't really need those copies in that slow song folder if I create a virtual folder that contains shortcuts. Wow! Neat! Now my question would be how can I delete all those extra songs in the slow song folder and create a slow song virtual folder w/o going thru every song in its original folder again. I am assuming if I create a bunch of shortcuts from the slowsong folder than delete the slowsong folder, the shortcuts will be useless.

Exactly as you exaplined. Create shortcuts from the usual locations of files, keeping the additional folders for reference while you'll be building (and testing) the virtual folder. After your satisfied with them, delete the folders with duplicated tracks.

But do test them first, I've read in another thread that Anewsome had some troubles trying to load tracks from virtual folder, he experienced freezes / crashes as he explained. But in my short test such problems did not occour, it could be connected with handling external USB discs (wild guess). So do test before loosing all data :) By the way, you can also create windows shortcuts to mp3s and sort them in folders, VDj also reads them as a track.

Regards.

geposted Mon 18 Dec 06 @ 10:42 pm
erxon wrote :
Exactly as you exaplined

How did I manage to write that... Guess it's time to get some rest :)

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 12:40 am
My question still remains?

What about the 450 slow song copies I have in the slowsongs folder?
How do I make a shortcut of them w/o having to trace all of them back to their
original folder?

If I make a shortcut to the slowsong folder songs, I will not be able to delete that folder's songs
and I'll still have two copies of the slow songs in my drive. What do I do here. The goal is to delete all those extra copies in the slowsong folder I have already made? Please advise.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 6:00 am
450 extra copies? That's a decent number to clean up manually. Well you'll have to organize your music eventually, so you will have to do it the hard way I'm afraid. But since you're talking about slow songs, bpm should be relevant in sorting. If that's the case, I would go after this procedure:

- delete all the duplicates that were sorted in own folders
- rescan the local database so the missing duplicates won't be present
- open the local database (without typing in search box) and sort it by bpm (starting with the slowest song)
- select the first track on the list
- scroll down to the point where bpm is too high for "slow" category, and shift-select the last suitable track
- now drag&drop the whole selection into "slow songs" virtual folder
- clean up the virtual folder if there are tracks that have low bpm but are more energetic (not considered slow)

It is of course essential that all tracks have been analyzed, and were given the correct bpm before doing this.

Hope it helps.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 10:32 am
My files are already all in separate folders from the beginning:
country
oldies
70-80's rock
pop
hiphop
blues

I took a copy of each one of these I recognized as a slow song and put them in a separate slow folder, when I should have dragged them over to a virtual folder. Also, many of them have high bpm's and many fast ones have low bpms, so can't really go by that.

Now I want to delete that slow song folder and replace it with shortcuts, basically, without going thru the 12 hour process of relocating all the slow songs in all those diferent folders above. Get what I mean now?

Any new suggestions?

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 7:39 pm
bryantpb wrote :
Now I want to delete that slow song folder and replace it with shortcuts, basically, without going thru the 12 hour process of relocating all the slow songs in all those diferent folders above. Get what I mean now?

Yes, I got it the first time. :) Sadly, I don't think you'll find a faster way of getting rid of duplicates while finding the path to all original files and integrating them into VDj virtual folder at the same time. At least I can't think of any. Hope someone else pops up with a better suggestion.

Writing a program or plug-in which would do that would probably take about the same time as doing it manually, at least for less experienced programmers.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 8:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)