Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: U46DJ problems... please help!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

ok so i just got a u46dj sound card and have been trying to make it work for hours now. i have an hp laptop that its fairly new just a few months old and i have the xp sp2. heres my problem:
i followed the steps from the manual and when i was done i started vdj and tried the tcv but it told me that the there was an error with the asio driver and that there wasnt enough channels... so i uninstalled and installed everything several times and no luck.
after researching i found that i had to install version 1.016 of the driver because my serial number for the sound card started with ESJ051...after i did that i was able to work the tcv but now output 3 & 4 in have some kind of distortion. i've tried uninstalling everything and installing 1.016 again several times again and same distortion on outputs 3 & 4.
i read something about a 1.018 version on a korean site but i checked it out and they only have 1.014 and the the asio4all doesnt work either.
could somebody please tell me what im doing wrong or how i can fix this please????

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 5:11 am
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
you should be using 1.016 , uninstall everything else ASIO4ALL is not needed and might cause a conflict. When you say 3/4 distorts what have you tried? Do you get a normal looking wave in the config window? Have you tried swapping needles and turntables to make sure it was those channels specificly? the sound is constantly distorted or just scratches?

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 3:28 pm
i know its the sound card outputs 3/4 because all my inputs are fine...my turntables are fine, the needles are fairly new, i've switch all the cables around, and yes the waves in the config window are normal. i've also played around with the settings of which deck of vdj is assign to each output and which ever one is assigned to 3/4 sounds is distorted. the distortion is constant and sounds like when there is too much gain and starts the sound starts to sound distorted. i've tried lowering the gain in vdj and in the esi toolbar but its the same thing just lower volume.

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 6:31 pm

Set latency to AUTO in VDJ... (Important when using u46dj!)

Then run auto-config for timecode...

and then mix ;)

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 6:36 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Do you have RIAA pre amp checked? if so try unchecking it.

geposted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 5:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)