Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon Dns3500 and virtual dj tccds.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hi my question is does anybody use denon Dns 3500's with virtual dj tccds ? can the controls be maped to work with virtual dj ? how good does it work ? .. and last is it reccomended ?
thanks

geposted Tue 19 Dec 06 @ 9:43 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Wed 20 Dec 06 @ 12:23 am
iknow how it works ..but does it work good ? low latency ?

geposted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 12:49 am

I can only speak for Pioneer CDJs, with the new upcomming version (soon to be released).

It makes timecode use FLAWLESS, just like using REAL CDs ;) seriously!

But, always a but.. hehe..
The Denon 3500s have a bit of issue with "buffering" and cue drift.
Denon have released a fix for that (firmware fix) that hopefully fixes it.

So Denons should work as good as CDJs

geposted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 1:16 am
should work ? thanks i'd like to see virtual dj work flawlessly with tccds i guess thats whats got me not buying it yet as everybody has somthing to complain. I wounder if the dns 3500's would work flawlessly with tccds as they do with other software programs .. ?!

geposted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 2:43 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
he means a fault with the hardware not the software

if there is a hardware issue will be reflected on all software which uses it ;)

geposted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 2:45 am

VDJ works FLAWLESS with timecode CD's in upcomming vdj 4.2 ;) trust me
It works very good already in 4.1

As for Denon 3500, yes its a HARDWARE issue... NOT software;) but its not a huge deal.
Just minor things. Many VDJ users use Denon 3500.
This minor issue is first of all with super fast scratching, where the Denon will have some issues.
Regular use it works fine... A bit of cue slip, but this is not releated to dj software, and it will work precicely as your regular cds. So if you are fine with the 3500 with normal audio cds, you will be happy with timecode and VDJ too ;)

For more info on this issue, and Denons fix for it, read here:
http://www.denondjforums.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5165

-Improved the Cue area for instantaneous scratching from PLAY
-Improved performance with timecode control discs (for any dj software)

So that update should fix any minor issues.

BUT TO REPEAT : MANY users use DENON 3500 WITH VDJ, and are super happy without the fix. It depends only if you scratch a lot.

geposted Thu 21 Dec 06 @ 3:05 am
thanks allot.

I cant say that i do scratch alot ..but i've never used tccd's.
so I understand that with the fix of the firmware update on the dns 3500 .. tccds work flawlessly.
I'll be looking forward to 4.2 and feedback from users on that isue.
I still think VDJ is an amazing software and i would like to use it with my very soon to be mine dns 3500s ..but it is gonna take me a little bit more time to purchase it , sorry.
thanks for the help and answering questions ..I shall be back with some more q.'s in no time ;) lol

geposted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 11:35 pm

Yeah, it works flawless on my Pioneer CDJs... (Vdj 4.2)

dont have Denon decks, but reading from others (here, and the denon forum) they are very happy too...

A few had issues at first (guess earlier models of the denon that needed a fix), but things seems super happy at the denon forum now :)

And anyways, Try before you Buy...

the demo is fully working for 20 days:)

Its version 4.1 that works pretty great with timecode CDs., but will like to add that one of the MAIN focues for 4.2 is fixing some minor issues, and its been done, flawless in 4.2...
But try 4,1... I'm sure even that version will impress you :)

geposted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 11:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)