Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: New Gear arrived. Please help!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I am a newbie to this really. I got my Dj Console mk 2 arrive and my Numark usb turntable so here we go.

I also have a Soundblaster audigy nx 2 external sound card.

How can i set up the hercules and the turntable to play off the same sound card? I have to use the external sb card for normal listening and turntable preview and plug the green speaker jack into the hercules to use the hercules.

Also when i have recorded a vinyl onto my pc is it best in wav or mp3? When I recorded 2 vinyls onto the pc i admittedly quickly normalised the sound files and crudely cut off the silent points at the beginning and end. When i went to mix them they were not really in 100% time. when i use mp3 from cds it is matched perfectly.

Would this just be an editing issue when i record vinyls?

Sorry for jumbled text!

Many thanks,
nick :)

geposted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 10:47 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
funkymunkyuk wrote :
Hi,

I am a newbie to this really. I got my Dj Console mk 2 arrive and my Numark usb turntable so here we go.

I also have a Soundblaster audigy nx 2 external sound card.

How can i set up the hercules and the turntable to play off the same sound card? I have to use the external sb card for normal listening and turntable preview and plug the green speaker jack into the hercules to use the hercules.

Also when i have recorded a vinyl onto my pc is it best in wav or mp3? When I recorded 2 vinyls onto the pc i admittedly quickly normalised the sound files and crudely cut off the silent points at the beginning and end. When i went to mix them they were not really in 100% time. when i use mp3 from cds it is matched perfectly.

Would this just be an editing issue when i record vinyls?

Sorry for jumbled text!

Many thanks,
nick :)

heya ul need pro for some of the things u want to do

wav sounds better

mp3 is smaller

as for your tts

you connect phono out of your turntables to your mk2

using phono cables

when ur mk2 arrives

http://www.virtualdj.com/fusers/modifuser.html

add your serial to your profiles to get updates

geposted Fri 22 Dec 06 @ 10:54 pm
Thanks for the advice!

When I plug the phono's into the back of the dj console 2, the only one i get sound out of is the output 1/2 phonos. When i have the usb plugged in i get a deep hissing noise coming alongside the vinyl playing.

Also what do I need pro for with what i want to do please?

Thanks,.
Nick

geposted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 3:50 am
timecoding will be limited to 5 minutes

and only ouputs 1/2 will work
as for the hissing check ur needles for any dust
aslo in the djconsole control pannel slighly lower the
volume

geposted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 11:40 am
Thanks. You say timecoding is limited to 5 minutes? Is recording a vinyl to the pc via the Numark usb turntable timecoding?

Cheers,
nick

geposted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 5:18 pm

geposted Sat 23 Dec 06 @ 5:36 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)