Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ....Please Help.... - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I have an Dell Laptop MCX61, Geniuine Intel (R) CPU, T 2300 @ 1.66 GHz, 1 gig of ram,intergrated video card at 256 Mb and an Maudio Fasttrack Pro connected to my mixer in order to hear the next song. Tonight was my second gig with the Maudio fasttrack pro and it freezes virtual dj randomely. It usually plays about four songs fully than it just stop working. I can bring up another song, it loads but when i hit play nothings happens. The mouse works but if I X out of VDJ to re boot the comp freezes and I have to restarted the whole system. The Sound configuration is set as out puts : external mixer, sound card : Asio Driver. Please, if there is anything im doing wrong please let me know, I have a big Gig for New Years and I do not want to look bad. Thank god i noticed that it was doing this during dinner and I was able to switch to the computers original sound card but could not cue the songs for the rest of the night....Please let me know....Thank you

geposted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 7:12 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 1:16 pm
Thanks for your quick reply, I read the post twice and tried to follow it on my computer but I have no idea on how to do it or if i did it right. On the Sound, Video, Game Controllers I disabled SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC but I can not Disable Media Control Devices, Legacy Video Capture Legacy Audio Drivers and Audio Codecs, the disable option is not available. I do not know if should just unistall the sigmatel high defenition audio codec. I think i need to turn this laptop dedicated to VDJ only but I have no idea on how to do that....any ideas? Thank you for your time and Merry Christmas....

geposted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 2:35 pm
could you post a screen shot of your devices list with irq using tiny pic

www.tinypic.com

take the bb code and post it here

thanks

geposted Sun 24 Dec 06 @ 3:07 pm

This is what it looks like, I dont understand if it its the laptops fault, vdj or the soundcard...i reinstalled everything so far, all drivers are updated, nothing running in the background such as virus protections, wireless card or anything else. What I did differently now is that i disabled the internal soundcard, in the device manager, before plugging in MAudio Fast track Pro.

geposted Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 11:06 am
try an update to 4.2

and il check ur irq out and get back to you :)

geposted Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 12:06 pm
Thank you so much....I upgraded to 4.2 but everytime I click accidently on the transition button next to the mixer VDJ gives me a revovery message...I dono why its doing that on 4.2 so i uninstalled and installed 4.1 again....

geposted Mon 25 Dec 06 @ 10:46 pm
Upgraded to the latest vdj and still having problems with the fast track pro, Im thinking about selling and getting a gigaport ag from ebay ? what do you guys think?

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 9:15 pm
just a thought try "autolatency" on proformance

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 9:25 pm
what is your operating system?? I think it would be a mistake to lose all that money changing soundcards .....why not call or email M audio

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 4:14 am
is the connection w/ the soundcard Firewire (1394) ?

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 4:22 am
a little tip from Chuck.......it is never necessary to do this gig , that gig, the BIG gig or any gig with all kindsa stuff you aren't familiar enough with......or put it this way.....don't do that to yourself

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 4:35 am
chuck you got a point, thank god it happend during dinner music and no one noticed it. But I tried the device at home, and it works great for hours, however at every gig, at about 4-7 songs into mixing dinner music it freezes and the music stops about 1/4 into the songs. The laptop is decent, dual core, 1 gig memory, 256mb video card. The m-audio fast track pro is usb, and it has a optional ac power input which has to be purchased separtely, could that be the fault that the usb is not powering it enough? Im gone try to change the latency....thanks for ur input...

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 6:41 am
make sure that the card is not on a hub, also, turn off usb power management in your hardware section of control panel....

usb power management on a laptop causes hella problems with the fast track pro...

-Stev

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 10:10 am
Steve, sorry but I dont know what you mean, you saying that fast track should be powered through an ac adapter, not through a usb, but if i turn the usb off how would it connect to the laptop? thank you

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:15 pm
DJHelios wrote :
Steve, sorry but I dont know what you mean, you saying that fast track should be powered through an ac adapter, not through a usb, but if i turn the usb off how would it connect to the laptop? thank you

what steve means is if you got one of those hubs(connects to usb to add more usb slots~2 or more)
then Dont connect it there connect it straight to main usb on computer only........ as this can cause conflicts,dropouts ,or it might be dedicated to any usb thats plugged in (might not give full power to the one you want)

btw: did you check maudio to see if they have any updates for your card(just curious as this could help)

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 8:23 pm
Yes I did, still no fix....I dont know what can be wrong, drivers are all updated...the m-audio is connected via a dedicated usb input...its very weird freeze as well....It will be playing than out of the blue the song stops at the same place everytime...and the only way to recover is by holding down the power button on the laptop....I have disabled the laptops audio driver that still did not help...Does anyone think gettin an ac adapter to power m-audio would help?

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 8:59 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Mon 15 Jan 07 @ 5:06 pm
I reinstalled, made sure I had the right updates from maudio...direct x is updated, now I dont know what the problems is anymore. This time during dinner time music I like to test the soundcard when the music is low to see if its going to freeze and this time it was weird, the music stops playing but the computer did not freeze....there was no sound but it seemed like vdj was acting normal. So Im guessing is the sound cards fault...so 220 dollars down the drain...any suggestions on a new soundcard that people have had luck with? M-audio said that I might have a IRQ confilct but Iam not computer wizard so i have no idea if i do or not and how to fix it....Please any help would be appreciated...I need to cue the next song...or might be forced to get Scratch Live, i heard from two other djs i know that its very dependable,,,,but i really dont want to, .....any suggestions?

IRQ 0 System board OK
IRQ 1 Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard OK
IRQ 2 System timer OK
IRQ 4 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) SMBus Controller - 27DA OK
IRQ 8 System CMOS/real time clock OK
IRQ 9 Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK
IRQ 12 Synaptics PS/2 Port Pointing Device OK
IRQ 13 Numeric data processor OK
IRQ 14 Primary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 15 Secondary IDE Channel OK
IRQ 16 Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family OK
IRQ 16 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D0 OK
IRQ 17 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D2 OK
IRQ 17 Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection OK
IRQ 17 Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller OK
IRQ 18 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller OK
IRQ 18 Ricoh MMC Host Controller OK
IRQ 18 Ricoh Memory Stick Host Controller OK
IRQ 18 Ricoh xD-Picture Card Host Controller OK
IRQ 19 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) PCI Express Root Port - 27D6 OK
IRQ 19 OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller OK
IRQ 20 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8 OK
IRQ 20 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 27CC OK
IRQ 21 Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio OK
IRQ 21 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27C9 OK
IRQ 22 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CA OK
IRQ 23 Intel(R) 82801G (ICH7 Family) USB Universal Host Controller - 27CB OK

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 5:28 pm
Rem1xHome userMember since 2006
real talk, ur sound card makes or breaks you with vdj:
some work from the get go with completely no problems,
some need to be tweaked,
some are long battles to work with
and i think some just dont work (like my AC'97 vinyl mobo sound) even with the latest drivers.

a cheap sound card like http://www.mdmm.com/spec.php?productid=13 could work. $40 and works like a champ.
i think vdj either likes ur sound card or doesnt. hope it does. i dont think the more expensive the card, the better its gonna work with vdj.

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 5:59 am
83%