Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Microphone with MK2 wont work

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

haz89Home userMember since 2006
okok i must have read through this forum back to front and i cant seem to find an actual answer to how to get my 'Philips SBC MD110' microphone to work with my MK2, surely it should just record and be simple for a bstd change? but obviously not.. So can someone PLEASE put me AND many many many many others out of there misery and explain how to get it to work because at the moment all i seem to be getting is nothing but static.
tyvm for your time! -Haz

geposted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 1:13 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
use the mic dial on the front

press it in to turn it on and press it again to turn off ,

on the mk2 control pannel youl notice , when the mics turned on it says "on air"

notice the talk over levels , adjust them until you get good sound

if you find this doesnt work

on the same control pannel you will see on imputs

and on channel 1/2 can be changed to mic

choose this , then on the mk2 you will see a button select imput , choose external mode

then the microphone will work :) but you willl need to dissable it before the song on 3/4 (deck b ) runs out

geposted Tue 26 Dec 06 @ 7:44 pm
yeye done that but the volumes proper quiet, like i can hear my voice a little when i pause the music but cant hear it over the actual music. Iv messed with the talkover dial and it wont go any higher? :(

geposted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:36 pm
there is a plugin for pro users for this

i havent had a chance to test it yet personaly

geposted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:39 pm
ye im a home edition user though lol. Is there anyway i can get it loud enough so i can hear it?

geposted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:52 pm
ho hum

it seems sillie this

go to the mk2 control pannel

on imput channel 1

you can choose the analog input as a mic ul see a logo of a mic click it then press apply

press the input select button and speak will now be louder :) if not boost the gain :)

geposted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:57 pm
ReTangoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
If your mic is a "low impedance" mic (i could not find the specs for your mic in the web) you will need a mic impedance converter, such as the Shure A85F - Low to High Impedance Microphone Matching Transformer (costs less than U$ 20). The mk2 is for high impedance mics. I had the same problem with my shure sm58, and after many frustrations I found this solution, now it works perfect. hope this helps...

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 5:35 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Another thing you may want to try first before you go off buying hardware you may not need is download some skins (e.g. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/skin.html?id=2322) and replace the default VDJ Home Edition skin. Look for one of the advanced default skins with a volume level control on the top left. This solved my early mic problems because by default the mic level is set to the lowest. Using this level adjust I was able to increase the volume of the mic thereby being heard over the mix. (Incidentally my microphone is the AKG D880 MS)

geposted Thu 18 Jan 07 @ 12:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)