Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help me PLEASE!!! im an idiot

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mgleeboHome userMember since 2006
hiya i have just got my Hercules MK2 DJ console for xmas and am having trouble setting it up with my laptop...i have installed all the drivers and the virtual DJ software from the disc but the music cannot be heard from my laptop speakers...when i connect head phones to the DJ console i can hear it fine but if i place headphones in the laptop or try to listen to the music through the speakers this does not work....im a lackin a bit on computer knowledge...but is it possible to have the music playin from my laptop speakers and also be able to monitor it through headphones.... if any one could help it would be appreciated...thanks mitch

geposted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 8:57 am
You are not an idiot. To hear your songs through the lappy speakers you cannot use the MK2 as a soundcard. You can however use it as midi control. You are gonna have to set up VDJ to your laptops sound card if you want to listen through those speakers. Now what you can also do is, if you have some desktop computer speakers you can hook these up to outputs 1/2 on the back of the mk2 and you will be able to hear your mix. I highly advise you trying the VDJ 4.x demo. You will get a price break of you decide to buy. If you use TCCD or TCV you won't be able to take advantage of it in 3.4 you will also not be able to get the mappers and such because you aren't a "Proffessional User". Hope we can help further. Sky got anything to add?? Brian

geposted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 10:38 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
lol i always got somthing to add :--)

i would use the mk2 as your soundcard , because it is of a higherquality than that of tyou built in one

and supports asio

and easy headphone preview , and it can choose bettween enxternal sources or mp3

on home edition you can try the timecode for 5 minutes

hook ur speakers into it like this

cheap pc speakers will work if you get a phono to phono cable from the out put to the speaker inputs

Goodluck !

geposted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:00 pm
Thanks for your help!!! il give it a try thanks again mitch

geposted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:18 pm
sorry one more thing lol...do u have any examples of PC Speakers that i could use that are quite cheap thanks again mitch

geposted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 1:23 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
mgleebo wrote :
sorry one more thing lol...do u have any examples of PC Speakers that i could use that are quite cheap thanks again mitch

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48470&C=Froogle&U=48470&T=40210

9.99£

when they arive they will be fited with a mini jack (headphone plug)

to phono double red and black cable detatch this

now for about 80 P buy a phono to phono cable

plug one end into output 1/2 on the console and the other to the speakers

your good to go

this is for home use only if you want it for gigs get an amp :)

goodluck

geposted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 2:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)