Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DAC-3 Mapper question(s)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello -

I have loaded Name: DAC-3 custom mapper v1.4 for VDJ 4.1 and VDJ 3.4
Author: jpboggis - VIP Member -

It is really great. I do, however, have a couple of questions:

1) Can the mapper (or the software) be set up so that the CP button acts as a switch to put the wheel into scratch mode or back to regular speed adjustment mode as opposed to having to hold the CP button to go to scratch mode and essentially hold it while you scratch?

2) Can the mapper be made to utilize the "R" button to make the deck start playing in reverse?

3) Can the sensitivity of the wheel as a speed adjuster be adjusted incrementally, or even better yet, a certain amount for small pushes vs. large pushes? (i.e. when wheel is moved a small amount it is adjusting 1%, medium amount adjusts 3% and a big push or pull 10%)?

Thanks for any help -

Adrian

geposted Wed 27 Dec 06 @ 9:08 am
Quote :
1) Can the mapper (or the software) be set up so that the CP button acts as a switch to put the wheel into scratch mode

CP+MATCH will toggle scratchmode (Scratchlock) on/off permanently (When on, holding CP and moving the jogwheel will pitch bend.)

Quote :
2) Can the mapper be made to utilize the "R" button to make the deck start playing in reverse?

Yes, this can be set via user parameters (See the last section of the DAC3Mapper manual text file includeed in the mapper .ZIP file.)

By default, R triggers smooth pitch reset (VDJ didn't used to have a reverse function built-in) and CP+SHIFT+R will trigger reverse.

You may find the reverse effect more useful though (Trigger this from FX mode) - This will resume playback from 'where it would have been' (Position in song if reverse hadn't been triggered.) Try it to see what I mean.

Quote :
3) Can the sensitivity of the wheel as a speed adjuster be adjusted incrementally, or even better yet, a certain amount for small pushes vs. large pushes? (

No, but you can adjust the sensitivity of the jogwheel for pitch bend, scratch, etc. via user parameters.

But in general, simply turn the joghwheel slowly for fine adjustments and fast for large adjustments (The free-spinning jogwheel makes this quite easy on the DAC-3.)

geposted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 1:24 am
Thanks so much for your response - I'll try those things : )

Happy Holidays -

Adrian

geposted Thu 28 Dec 06 @ 9:01 pm
jpboggis -

I have gone in and messed with the setup quite a bit. It's *great* that you built that functionality into it.

I do have a question:

re. the scratch function - can it be set so that a touch on the DAC-3 wheel acts as a "slip-cue" hold would?

You probably understand my question, but if not, I'll illustrate:

If I put my hand on the wheel at any given point in a song, it will "pause" it (in a sense) and allow me to scratch it as I would like... as long as the wheel is in motion.

I would like to be able to do as above but NOT have to move the wheel until I am ready to scratch in... just as I'd do on a record.

Do any of your settings allow/enable this?

Thanks so much again -

Adrian

geposted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 6:02 am
Unfotunately the DAC-3 jogwheel is not touch sensitive, so there's no way for the mapper to know when you are touching the jogwheel when it's not moving.

It would be possible to make it so that if you pause a deck and then scratch, playback will be continued automatically when the jogwheel stops moving (Allowing you to scratch in a song), but this could be annoying when trying to initially cue up songs (Unless activated via a button combination.)

This isn't possible in the current mapper, but could be added to a future version. For now, you could probably achieve this by scratching in your song and then immediately pressing PLAY as you stop scratching.

geposted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 12:49 am
I appreciate your time.

Thanks and best wishes,

Adrian

geposted Sun 31 Dec 06 @ 6:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)