Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCCD and Cue Points

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I can not set cue points on my CD player like I can with a normal CD. I would think that I should be able to hit pause on the CD player, stutter/scratch to the cue point I want, then hit Cue to set the cue point. But when I hit cue later to return to that cue point, it just starts playing from wherever it is.

Am I misunderstanding how this should work? Am I missing a setting somewhere?

I've tried searching the forums (extensively), but can't find the answer.

Thanks for your help!

Denon s3500 (latest firmware v.99)
VDJ 4.2r1
TC mode: Smart (but I get the same problem in other modes).
100% time code quality

geposted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:06 pm

Are you sure you are setting cues right on the Denons?

Works flawless with my Pioneer CDJ 800s

geposted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:21 pm
Try with a real cd, to check how the Denons behave

It sounds like you are setting cues live (hot cue), and that would do exactly like you say, start over from where it is (stutter effect). This is how some CD players work...

geposted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:23 pm
Nope. When I say it starts from where it is, I mean later in the song -- it DOESN'T stutter back to the cue point like it does with normal CDs.

To be clear:
Hit pause
Adjust to where I want cue point.
Hit cue to set cue point.

Hit Play -- song starts.
Hit cue -- song stops where it is (doesn't return to cue point -- acts like I hit pause)

geposted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:45 pm
smittydc wrote :

Hit cue -- song stops where it is (doesn't return to cue point -- acts like I hit pause)

Does the timecode still go? or does it stop too? (does the cd player still spin the signal)

Do you have SMART MODE on, and ANTI SKIP off, and cd mode at VDJ timecode settings?

geposted Fri 29 Dec 06 @ 6:53 pm
What happens when you press play again? You will probably find that it instantly jumps to the cue point you set and starts playing from there.

VDJ can only update the position when receiving the timecode signal. Pressing CUE will stop playback of the timecode CD, so VDJ will simply stop the music (It doesn't know the position has changed.) When you press PLAY, the timecode signal will start again from the earlier position and VDJ will jump to the correct position.

One way around this that should work on most CD players is to press CUE to return to the cue point and then tap the CUE button (So it plays a very short clip of sound and then returns to the cue point.) VDJ will hear the new timecode position from the short clip and jump to more-or-less the correct position (Depending on how long you hold CUE.) When you press PLAY, it will start from the correct position again.

geposted Sat 30 Dec 06 @ 12:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)