Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 4.241 froze 3 times tonight

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I was using sonique visuals in the "add plugins when playing audio" check box.
All of a sudden, the whole screen went black, sputtered around for a while, and came back 10 seconds later.

Another time VDJ was still playing but nothing on the skin was functional. Finally had to stop and restart.

Another time when in clone mode, I was playing a video file and tried to enlarge it slightly but it would stop and skip (the video), then the whole screen blacked out and I had to restart again.

I have a dual core dell laptop, no other programs running, on 1024 and safe mode unchecked, an 80 gbyte near empty internal HD, 1 Gbyte ram.

None of these things ever happened with 3.4 on weaker machines even, still confused about 4.2, need encouragement?

geposted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 9:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try lowering your profromance tab

what graphics card to you have?

geposted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 12:34 pm

Bryan, can you reproduce ? Might be the plugin you tried to load

Some plugins can be "dangerous" , such as loding picture slideshow, without having set pictures, etc.. .when you are video mixing.

Plugins are made by users, and you should always verify and test them, before using live.

As for the resize, are you broadcasting the preview popup to guests?
It WILL reload if you resize it...

You should broadcast to second monitor, not the preview window

geposted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 6:02 pm
performance tab was lowered all the way to the left and safemode has been unchecked recently as recommended.

It was the sonique plugin one time, then it was the slideshow plugin.

I was using the clone mode because I was going to flash some pictures
from a folder on my monitor, then clone it to a TV screen nearby. I was trying this because I couldn't get sonique or slideshow to work. What happened exactly was a video was in the lineup as I was doing this,
the video defauled to a small screen in the lower right corner, I tried to enlarge it to fill the screen while it was there and see if I could clone IT to the TV as well. During the stretching of this video, things froze.

also, What I really need to know is how exactly to run visuals safely and flawlessly in 4.2.

And also how to run and change visuals every ten seconds or so in a slideshow fashion.

Both these things were really easy and harmless in 3.4,always.

geposted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 9:00 pm
Oh, in addtion to the (my) above post, the graphics card is a nvidea go7300.

But as I have stated before, I have been doing these things flawlessly with 3.4 and much cheaper video cards on weaker computers.

geposted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 9:01 pm

yeah, your video card is fine:)

I think you should just learn 4.2... It takes a while, but use a day at testing the plugins, and how they works.

Remember, SOME plugins are made for 3.4, and you might have to update them (download them again).

Effect engine is rewritten in 4.x, so it works a bit differently.

TEST effects, before going to a live gig, SPECIALLY if you have older effects for 3.4, and this includes two sonique effects that wont work now.

But generally speaking, I think you'll find 4.x a LOT better than 3.4 when you get to grips of the new way effects work

geposted Mon 01 Jan 07 @ 9:29 pm
Thanx, Norway, needed that boost. Guess i will install all the effects over from the 4.0 ones to make sure as you suggest.

Gotta test more still, gotcha. Last night was one of those slow New Year's Eve parties at a
smalltown V.F.W. where the ppl all hang out in the smoking barroom and visit the dance floor only occasionally. Didn't really upset anyone, just made me nervous there for a while. There was an old bigscreen TV next to me that I plugged into to do that video stuff.

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 12:41 am
So I don't delete them all, do you remember which ones came with 4.0 .

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 12:43 am

Yeah, I dont trust all video plugins either, and not all soniques.

So I only kept the ones I feel save about, and have tested works well together.. .

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 12:43 am
" TEST effects, before going to a live gig, SPECIALLY if you have older effects for 3.4, and this includes two sonique effects that wont work now. "

Which two?

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:22 am

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 1:26 am
Tried to repeat the error at home, I could not! However, many of the videos would
stop moving while audio continued, for about 5 to 10 seconds, then jump back in motion in place?

What may cause that, perhaps?

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 3:32 am

That MIGHT be your mobile graphic card.

The nvidea go7300 only has about 128mb ram (to my knowledge), and is really NOT the best card around for laptops. (ATI seems to be a better choice for laptops).

This might be helped by making sure you have the cards latest drivers, and update to the latest directX drivers (new drivers desember 2006).

geposted Wed 03 Jan 07 @ 5:57 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)