Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Napster feed and AVLA

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

hi5techHome userMember since 2006
Hi,

Just wondering if I pay the monthly 9.99 fee to napster and play music files from napster through virtual DJ. Is it 100% legal by the AVLA to do so if dj'ing commercially, weddings, parties, clubs, etc.

My thinking was to use napster if of course i can manage internet access at most venues.

Thanks.

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:10 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
id advise you to download songs before gigs

incase of network failures ect

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:18 pm
hi5techHome userMember since 2006
yes of course... i meant more for request purposes...

If i pay the monthly napster fee and download the songs to hard drives, If i get checked by AVLA inspectors how do they know that the songs are paid for and not just riped?

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:22 pm
PionaraPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If I remember correctly, with Napster, you pay the £9.99 a month only to actually download the songs, but they're then on your machine. You need to pay for them (per download) if you want to keep them as well...i.e. burn them to cd.

After a while, some songs are removed from Napster's database, which means that you will no longer be able to play the song. The only way you will be able to play it is if you have burned it to cd...and paid for it again...and in all honesty what's the use in that? Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Napster's not any good, but i think it's a bit misleading considering that you don't just pay your £9.99...you need to pay for each download anyway if you want to keep it. It's the same with HMV Digital, Virgin, Yahoo Music and other such services.

In my opinion, someone should create a subscription service where you pay something like £40 a month for 100 downloads that are your to keep. Perhaps some other users can suggest any services they know of? I'm not sure what Beatport.com does or anything like that.

I checked out the whole napster thing a while ago as I was interested myself. I decided it wasn't really worth my while considering you can potentially lose masses of material that you have downloaded and like I say, what's the use? Unless things have changed since then of course. I'm sure if you check it out on napster.com you will get the correct answer.

In any case, Napster will have a history of everything you download and if anybody wants to check out your downloads, providing this history shouldn't be a problem.

Keep spinnin'...(",)

P

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 10:29 pm
In all honesty you don't really lose that many songs. I have only lost about 5 songs in the past 3 years of using Napster. To me it is the greatest thing out there if u are able to be online when djing. Now you can also use a little program called Tunebite to re-record these songs to mp3. I don't do this as it is illegal, but it can be done. The only thing I hate about Napster is the song quality as it is 128.

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:29 pm
As Long as you can prove that you've purchased your music legally AVLA can't really say squat. But they can Drag you through a lot of red tape. Just make sure your records are compleat.

geposted Tue 02 Jan 07 @ 11:51 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)