Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Simple Question !

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi guys

Brand new to this with a couple of questions so hope some of you guys can help!

Looking to purchase a mixer to use with Virtual DJ Pro, and have come across the Gemini PS-02 USB and Numark dxm01 usb, although the Numark now appears to be discontinued. Basicly what will these mixers allow me to do in conjunction with Virtual DJ - Will they allow me to make use of the crossfader and EQ's in real time as they are on screen??

Hope someone can help as I am a total novice to this, thanks

geposted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 12:28 am
the mixer that u said, they have to have midi for them to work with vdj, midi is a signle that goes bacl and forth vdj and the mixer and the mixer tells vdj what to do, so the mixers theat u mention have to have midi. or i am afraid they will not control vdj, or u can just pick up a normal mixer, amd put the software croossfader in the middle and crossfade the 2 tt, oops nevermind about the last line, i am gettin ahead of myself lol., i was gonna say tts but u probablly dont have tts, anyways as i was saying the mixer hased to have midi, so gluck

geposted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 1:20 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just looked at Numark DXM01. The only USB feature is seems to have is a soundcard. Like wessmith said, in order to control the software, the hardware needs to be midi compatible.

geposted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 4:10 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
try the Nuo4

:-)

geposted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 11:43 am
Thanks guys

I currently have 2 viynl decks, 2 CD decks and a normal mixer. If I purchased Time coded viynl, with the right set up would it enable me in any way to use the Virtual DJ or would I have to specifly buy a midi control mixer in order to use it?? Apologies if i'm being simple

Cheers

geposted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 9:24 pm
you connect your timecodes (tts) direct to the soundcard then the

mixer you connect to the ouput of your card

geposted Fri 05 Jan 07 @ 9:37 pm
Thats makes sense! What confuses me is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TstaUlCg2Rs. The guy in the video has a midi control yet appears to be able to mix through his numark mixer, can anyone clear this up, many thanks!

geposted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 2:19 pm

geposted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 2:20 pm
its a normal mixer + midi

ie nu04

geposted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 2:20 pm
I think its a Numark DXM09 mixer, does this really have midi capabilities?

geposted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 5:07 pm
Quick other question if I purchase TCV along with Virtual DJ would I still need a midi control ??

geposted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 8:39 pm
it isnt because that mixers just a soundcard. search the forum for previous posts on this :)

it depends

you plug the turntables into your souncard direct

then the mixer to the outputs of your soundcard

so you could put the software crossfader in the center and use the external mixer to mix the outputs

however if you want control of the software via the mixer you need the midi

hope that helps

geposted Sat 06 Jan 07 @ 8:42 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)