Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help me make a decision

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi, I have a Hercules MK2 controller and I want to add a Numark DXM-09 mixer. I am getting a good deal on one. Do you think I should get it and use it with my MK2? And what would be the benifits of me adding the mixer? Also, do I need to buy a Maya 44 soundcard or can I still use the MK2 as the soundcard? Please help me make my decision. I have been racking my brain on this. One side of me says YES, get it and the other says NO.

Syberman

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 8:15 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
the mk2 is a good mixer in its self in my opinion but if you want hardware fx or a different mixer it supports this

the mk2 supports external mixer mode

just choose outputs

external mixer

and on the mk2 control pannel choose external mixer

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 8:18 pm
Thanks skyfxl for the response. So, what your saying is that I will be using the Numark for my fx and using my mk2 as my track loading and crossfader. If I am correct as to what your saying, should I get this mixer?

DJ Syberman

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 9:35 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi syberman
i use a dmx09 and the mk2 as a controller
i have to agree with sky though the mk2 is a great little mixer bye its self and if like me youve never had another mixer before it will make you realize just how good it is
but what i like about the dmx09 is
much better equalizer control
great to have the use of the kill switches
pfl led's and seperate gain control
the onboard fx are great but can take a while to get use to some of them
plus its all very well laid out
im not a dj just some one who loves messing about mixing and seeing what mixes with what and treats it all as a has a hobby
all in all im glad i got mine hope it helps you a bit in choseing

@sky if you see this or anybody else
is there a way of getting the vdj sampler out to third channel of the dmx09 useing the mk2 because that would make my day and might also be usefull for syberman

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 9:36 pm
it may be best to stay with the mk2 , if you choose external mixer mode it dissables the control funtions of the mk2 because if you move the crossfader on the software it interupts the external mixers as such

unless your mixer has midi or effects you want id stick with the mk2 for now :)

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 9:37 pm
Thanks aubs123 and skyfxl. I think I will go for it. I just want to see the diffrence it will make in my mixes. I have a question for aubs123, how did you hook your gear up. Can you send me a diagram or picture of the back of the mk2 and numark of where the wires go? I have a friend that dj' s on a radio station and he wants me to make him a cd of my mixes. He wants to hear my work first before I can get on the air. I believe the Numark will give me the edge.

DJ Syberman

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 9:57 pm
aubs123PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi have a look at my first post where sky put me a diagram up
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/61618/Hardware_Technical_Support/dxm09_mixer_and_herc_mk2_question.html
you will need three phono to phono leads and one phono to mini jack lead
two phono to phono leads for dmx09 channel 1 and 2 two goto the mk2 inputs 1/2 and 3/4
one phono to jack lead from dmx09 master out to the line in on my computer sound card for recording my mixes
and one phono to phono lead from the dmx09 booth out to my stereo
thats how ive got mine set up
hope your mix cd goes well good look

geposted Mon 08 Jan 07 @ 10:27 pm
Thanks aubs123. Can I buy those wires from any audio/visual store?

DJ Syberman

geposted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 1:28 am
any store :)

will need double phono (rca)

geposted Tue 09 Jan 07 @ 9:54 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)