Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The BCD2000 is poor

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have just come to the conclusion that the BCD2000 is poor, and is not up to the job of a pro dj.

Since purchasing, I've been struggling with it - generally having trouble pitch matching and mixing the way I can with 'real' hardware.
Some of you may have read my other thread about the acuracy of the BCD pitch slider, and how I felt VDJ was adjusting the pitch by 0.2 or 0.3% at a time (rather than the more acurate 0.1%)

After a lot of playing, investigation, and generally wasting time, its all the fault of the BCD.
Basically if I plug it into a midi monitor such as MIDI-OX (excellent free tool btw :-) ), I can see that when I slide the pitch control, the data recorded for each movement is not sequential. What I mean by this is that if I do a linear slide from top to bottom, most of the time I can see all 128 sequential steps.
But if I make a tiny adjustment (like you would on a pro cd deck, and like this thing is supposed to be emulating :-( ), most of the time it misses steps - eg:

00000C09 2 -- B0 0B 50 1 --- CC: Expression
00000C1B 2 -- B0 0B 51 1 --- CC: Expression
00022D2C 2 -- B0 0B 53 1 --- CC: Expression
00024242 2 -- B0 0B 55 1 --- CC: Expression
00025203 2 -- B0 0B 57 1 --- CC: Expression

You can see it simply did not register 52, 54 and 56 - which explains completely why VDJ is pitching 0.2 or 0.3% each time

As a final test, I used MIDI-OX to record values from a decent MIDI device (my M-Audio keyboard), and the rotary dials recorded all 128 steps, no matter how fast or slow or delicately I adjusted them !

What a piece of junk ! :-(
Anyone wanna buy a BCD !!!

JD

geposted Wed 10 Jan 07 @ 9:40 pm
No thanks.
I returned mine.

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 3:42 am
Lets make a deal...

geposted Thu 11 Jan 07 @ 5:17 am
I've a BCD 2000 since end Dec 2006. I work well with vdj 4.2. I've performed several live sets. Each having several hours duration. No problem, especially with the last vdj version. For the new year, I performed 7 consecutive hour
Now, some function are not working well on the vdj standard set up.
I'm currently developping my own control assignement. In order to see if it is possible to improve some cases (loop in/out; load from playlist to desk1/2 etc...)

I don't use TCV nor TCCD. I use the BCD as midi control surface and card sounds for vdj. I've another mixer to connect my CDJ 200 players to and to connect the mic to as well.

Now BCD is not a professional mixer for sure. And as surface control is 10 time less expensive thant a mackie and more accurate for digital mixing. l

No major issues. Vdj and BCD do the job for 90% of digital mix functions I need (thanx mainly to vdj 4.2 improvements)

geposted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 4:30 pm
Hi...Here I go againg (hehehe), I own a BCD since it came out, I have worked with VDJ and BCD on boths ways, as a sound card (ASIO/TCV's) and just as a controller for mixing videos, most of the problemes that users have had is becouse the config, sometime is hard to set it up and if you are no patient then you may feel like a fool but if you are doing correctly then you can see all the difference...I repit... I've had use the BCd as a sound card ussing my Turnatables and TCV's and using as a controller at the same time and I've had play for more than 5 hours without problem at all, and ussing the bcd just as a controller ussing a diferent sound card as a main sound card on VDJ for mixing videos, at this time the BCD was used just as a controller ussing an external mixer, BTW all that you need is config correctly your BCD with your VDJ and you will be ready to go...is you need more info look in to my blog, i have a lot of info there..
http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/juliocqb/
Regard

DJ quintana

geposted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 7:17 pm
juliocqb wrote :
Hi...Here I go againg (hehehe), as a sound card (ASIO/TCV's) and just as a controller . http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/juliocqb/

DJ quintana
This issue is like beating a dead horse..

Would you recommend using the BCD2000 as a Stand alone (no mixer) fore live performances. IK don’t for see any hardware conflicts for I’m using a Desktop Computer… You also used the BCD with it’s sound card?/? I thought it wasn’t recommended do to the driver issues..

And do all the buttons work, or mappable...???

geposted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 9:33 pm
Hi Paul.... Yes I recomend to use the BCD just stand alone...I have used the BCD for more than 6 hours with no problems at all y a lot of user from Italy and from The spacnish forum have done that too and everithing works on bcd execpt for the mic...but if you have the bcd mapper you could use the jog wheels to search on the VDJ for pick a new song or for search for a new folder, and you could pick trhee differents cuen on the song...all the buttons in bcd are mapable via midi... so...yes i would recomend to use the bcd just stand alone even just tehe bcd or with TCV's

regards

Dj quintana

geposted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 9:59 pm
If I was to use the BCD with its sound card,, The Mic is after the computer and goes to the speakers. So, even though VDJ doesn’t support the A Mic can the Mic be set to work from the board to the speaker??
Dose that make cents to you..??

geposted Fri 12 Jan 07 @ 10:53 pm
i'm with julio on this mine works fine now and everything works except mic i had probs at first but followed the guide in julio's blog and works well now i'd definately use it live

geposted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 12:47 am
Thanks for all your replies but I think Julio and Frederix may be missing the point - I am saying the hardware (or at least the one I have) is rubbish, not VDJ and not my configuration of VDJ and BCD

If we forget VDJ for the moment, using MIDI-OX, slight pitch adjustments skip values - I believe the device does not send all the MIDI data. On my BCD this is true for any of the faders and knobs. If you do slight movements or adjustments, not all the MIDI data is sent (as can be seen from my previous posting in this thread)

What would be interesting is if Julio or Frererix could do the same test as me - download MIDI-OX and read the data from the BCD MIDI interface. Make tiny adjustments of the pitch slider (like you would if you wanted to make a tiny pitch adjustment), and see if a) the MIDI data is sent, and b) if it is sequential.

If both of yours work fine, maybe I should send mine back to Behringer for replacement ??

Cheers

JD

geposted Sat 13 Jan 07 @ 4:57 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)