Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Numark Virtual Vinyl / Cue / Total Control Demo Video

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Numark Virtual Vinyl / Cue / Total Control Demo (thanx to Cioce )

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 2:36 pm
Anything on BCD3000

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 2:47 pm

BCD 3000 is not made by Numark, or directly involved with VDJ ;) like the products in the video above are.

The Behringer console is said to be released this summer..

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 2:51 pm
May 3dr

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 2:54 pm
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice!

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 3:43 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Awsome Dude! check it out Man! hehe

Total control looking good there ;)

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 5:02 pm
OK I'm interested and impressed

But still there right in the video he actually makes my point I've been griping about since this product was previewed.

NO SOUNDCARD.

He is using Two mixers.

1 - total controll.
2 - regular tapbletop mixer to input his timecodes and mic.

For You european guys going to clubs with multiple DJ's this is okay because the club should have a regular mixer to hook into. PLus I don't believe you talk to the crowd very much

For Myself - I DJ for 6.5 hours a night in the CLub I work at. and hooking two mixers together to the amp rack is kinda a pain in the ass. Also when I do sub-contracting mobile gigs - small and powerfull is the deal, gotta pull in , boot the comp and launch the program hook my mic to the controller/mixer and press play.

But was definatly impressed with the scratch capability's of the Total Control crossfader - Is that replaceable I wonder?

Are the Joggles big enough on the Controller and the Crossfader placed in such a way to allow scratching directly from the unit? Thus Eliminating the need for timecodes and a second input mixer.

All these questions about scratching - from a DJ that doesn't even Scratch.
But most of the rest of you do.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 6:08 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree the sound card is an issue, but don't dwell on it too much, Numark also believe this is an issue. And the crossfader does look great for scratching.

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 8:36 pm
very good :)

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 9:51 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
but my question is how well is that fader going to hold up to tons of scratching, i', sure it can't be replaced. I was just curious about use and abuse.

geposted Sun 28 Jan 07 @ 11:54 pm
listen2 wrote :
but my question is how well is that fader going to hold up to tons of scratching, i', sure it can't be replaced. I was just curious about use and abuse.

That’s ware extended warranties come into play.. If not considered wear and tear or abuse..

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 2:09 am
there shouln't be any fader wear because the audio signal doesn't flow through it.

my question, is there any fader latency between the controller & the software?

geposted Mon 29 Jan 07 @ 3:21 am
Dj XeoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
there will allways be latency, digital mixers (alot these days) have latency (aloth less than a milisecond in most cases) hell even analouge mixers have latency, those electrons take time to shimmy ;)

its all a question of 'how much?' use a USB/firewire ASIO device and the latency wont go any shorter than 10ms (thats USB/firewire latency times 2, once for the data from the unit to the PC, once for the data from the sound card)

digital faders although not handling audio signal stil use contacting parts and will wear out. (unless they are magnetic contactless faders but i have to say i have never heard of one)

geposted Tue 30 Jan 07 @ 11:17 pm
newer rane mixers have magnetic faders

check they're website

geposted Wed 31 Jan 07 @ 12:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)