Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: extensive humming with dj console-virtual dj-notebook-speakers

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

agerardPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I recently purchase hercules dj console. I have my own dj buisness for aprox. 7 years. I am in the early stages of Pc djing. I hooked up hercules - hercules version of virtual dj- notebook and mackie 450 powered speakers. Iam aware that all powered speakers will tend to give off a humming noice. But this is pretty nasty. You can't hear it too much when you play a song, but say for instance you are talking to the audience when you are not playing music. It's really not cool. Iam going to purchase the full version of virtual dj shortly. Can any one tell me? Is it a grounding problem? Is it the hurcules dj console version? I would appreciate any help in this matter . thanks so much

geposted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 3:39 pm
it sounds (no pun..lol) a lot like a ground loop problem, and it is for sure NOT related to hercules .. i dont have hums or noise in sound..

read more here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=5960

to comfirm its a ground loop problem, try disconnect the power since you have a laptop, and run on batteries... if its a ground loop, doing this, will remove the noise

hope that helps ;)

geposted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 4:15 pm
but also if that is the problem, removing the power cord of the notebook can't be a solution, I don't see him performing for 5 hours or more just on batteries. . . :-)

(edit: @ dj-in-norway: this post is not ment to be a correction of yours, :-))

geposted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 6:38 pm
@BioHazard: I believe from reading in these forums that if the powercord is making the noise, and when you remove it, it stops, that there's a solution to it, like norway said.

So it's not as much as a solution, as it is a test to see if that's the problem.

Would love to see the day people invented laptop batteries that last a whole week or so... Geesh, we've landed on the moon for cryin' out loud... :)

geposted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 7:27 pm
Well, I think a 6-8 hours battery would be enough . . . :-)

geposted Thu 19 Aug 04 @ 8:31 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
just buy a ground looop eliminator they are cheap, i would not rely on your laptop battery only if you were at a gig

geposted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 2:38 am
lool, Biohazard... unplugging power was not meant at a solution, but only to test to see if ground loop is the problem ;) hehe...

u need to get rid of the ground loop in other ways (search google for solutions) or simply get a ground loop eliminator

but a battery running for a week would be nice.. lol ;)
even 5-6 hours for sure.. hehe

geposted Fri 20 Aug 04 @ 4:00 am
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I also had that 'humming' sound when using the DJ Console which is connected to my amplifier. The ground loop isolator worked like magic! :)
Sound is now perfectly clear!

geposted Wed 25 Aug 04 @ 6:35 pm
a cheap and easy way to fix it is, buy a 3 prong to a 2 prong adapter and it will eliminate the humming

geposted Mon 30 Aug 04 @ 5:52 am
can i have Virtual Dj2 please , i want to upgrade my first one

geposted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 9:05 pm

geposted Tue 18 Jan 05 @ 9:08 pm
efire1PRO InfinityMember since 2004
I have been checking into the same problem... unlike most of your findings.. I found that unplugging worked great.. but I believe it's the transformer in the laptop power cord that causes it. I have tried the 3 to 2 plug.. no good.. I also play in a band and have dealt with ground loops a lot.. non of them seem to work.. someone mention the ground loop eliminator worked well.. any others tried that one.. I was thinking of purchasing one of the new power supplies that go to car lighters, AC and some other.. so you can use your laptop anywhere. I thought they may be better shielded... anyone ever try one?

oh yea.. I have Virtual DJ.. and do some djing... not a big business for me yet

efire

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 11:15 pm
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 11:14 am

geposted Thu 27 Oct 05 @ 11:39 pm
another happy customer, :-)

geposted Wed 16 Nov 05 @ 3:42 pm
Do I need Two of these? (ground Loop eliminator)? I am using a Gigaport AG going to a denon mixer. I am asuming I will need a ground Loop eliminator for each channel. Am I correct?.................Thanks Mike

geposted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 7:30 am
djzarePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Get a ground loop isolator or turn off ground switch on your amplifier (if you have one). Or you can do as I did- taped the ground of my laptop socket.

geposted Mon 30 Jan 06 @ 1:46 pm
Hi all
A lapt op does not need a ground. So you can do away with it altogether which is all a ground loop eliminator does. Also if you can do it, Is keep the power cord and the transformer as far awy from the signal cables as you possibly can at least 6inches/15cm. This then ensures that the magnetic field in the power cord does not interfere with the o/p i/p cables.

hope this is of some help

Nikki

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 5:50 pm
i had same problem with my djc i have a small 4 way extension with the earth cable removed from the plug. i connect all my laptop and usb drives though this..no feedback....

geposted Wed 01 Feb 06 @ 6:58 pm
yo guys.. FOR ALL YOU PROBLEM SOLVERS, try to solve this one...really havin a problem here thats driving me insane.

my setup:

1. two numark TTX's with Virtual DJ timecode vinyls connected to a MixVibes u46mk2 in channel 1 and 2 input
2. The channel 1 and 2 output from the mk2 is connected to my mixer in input 1 and 2
3. the turntables are set to phono, the mk2 is set to phono input.
4. the mixer is set to phono input. The mixer output is connected to an amp and speakers.
5. I have a GROUND LOOP ISOLATOR from both outputs on the u46mk2 and from the output on the mixer to the amp.
6. I have ASIO for vista and the driver support for the u46mk2 (which is all fooshed upi think..)
7. I have Virtual DJ (latest version.)
8. When i open Virtual DJ.. here is my setup
----1. dual timecode
----2. External Mixer
----3. ASIO v 2

PROBLEM 1. Timecode vinyl's show 0% on virtual DJ. I have had them at 100% but was still having the same problem which will later be discussed. I'm thinkin maybe driver problem. Keep in mind even though they show 0% they still work with virtual DJ. Manipulation wise. So what can i do to get the timecodes to 100%? Yes i've tried almost every configuration.

PROBLEM 2. When i play the vinyl's by themselves im getting the timecode frequency coming out of my speakers, should i be getting that or no?...

PROBLEM 3. WHen i put the mp3 on each side of Virtual DJ and begin to play, the exact same frequency is played on the speakers and overpowers the song so you can barely hear the song. I believe this is not grounding because I have everything grounded. I think the timecode frequency is just being played also, instead of manipulating the mp3...

CAN ANYONE HELP ME!!! I've been dying. I live in college and I only come visit like 1 day every weekend. So i only have a day to work on and research for solutions.

If anyone can help me out I would appreciate it alot!!!!

geposted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 9:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)