Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: i have seen the future and it is....

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i have seen the future and it is midi-keyboards !!!
turntables are dead !!!
cd players are dead !!!

in 10 years no dj will use turntables to mix
they will collect a sample bank of 100 scratches and assign cues, effects and hot keys for knobs and sliders and everything

on saturday i spent some time with a dj who uses another software--not as good as vdj, but has some features i like a lot

at any rate, this guy mixed, remixed and sampled on a keyboard like the freshed dj in the world--all with a keyboard--no mouse, no turntable, no nuttin

better yet, this guy can't actually beat-mix two records together-- he actually can not !!!
however, his final product was amazing
loop, accapellas, mash ups--all live, all tight, all amazing--ALL WITH A MIDI-KEYBOARD
go figure?
technology has taken away the skill of mixing and replaced it with creativity and i love it
i just bought a 25 key midi keyboard and think it is the s$it
i will still use the xp10 to scratch and mix, but i am telling you this guy was crazy with his stuff---
cheers and go colts

geposted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 6:04 am
CulpritPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Dont put all your egg's in one basket my friend. As far as technology has come, you could be at a gig and your hard drive can up and die and thats it.. no more music... Now you take some Tech 1200's and one crate of good music, no matter what happens, you got your backup with no modern technology involved.. just vinly and turntables.. I wouldnt want to be stuck at a gig without my turntables and extra vinyls. You never know what could happen.

-Ed

geposted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 12:23 pm
i with you agree 100% culprit
in fact, i carry an extra laptop, ipod and bring 2 cases of cd's just in case the unthinkable happens
i'm just saying as far as mixing goes, the keyboard with beatlock, sampling and other things can give you like 12 turntables at the touch of a key/knob and they all mix dead on !!!
as such, this kind of makes turntable mixing a thing of the past --except for scratch dj's--which you could simply store scratches in a sample bank
please keep in mind i love to mix and in fact do mix LIVE at my gigs
i was just passing on some friendly info
next year the redskiins will win the superbowl !!!!
you can take that to the bank
cheers

geposted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 6:16 pm
turntables will be dying? it's 2007-02-05 today. bump this thread when the turntables have actually died. i'd like a personal reminder of this legendary event.

geposted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 7:41 pm
The turntable will not die, it will just be an antique like the 63 Impala. The 12 inch will follow the same fate as the 78, and the 45. Have you seen anything released in those formats lately? Nothing last forever, so get used to it. I have been around since the beginning, and never thought I would say this. As the owner of well over 100,000 pieces of vinyl( I stopped counting), I thought this would go on forever. I have not used vinyl since 90', and have only used Cd's as backups for the last 3 1/2 years. You will not hear me badmouth those that use vinyl, as I could care less what any DJ uses. You use what works for you. I am not some part time DJ, I make all my money as a DJ, and have much respect for all that strive to do their best. Well, not all. Those that do not show respect, will not receive any.

geposted Mon 05 Feb 07 @ 9:38 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)