Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BETTER PICTURE THAN S-VIDEO?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Right now i have an S-Video Out connection going to my tv to show videos from my laptop/VDJ.

Is there a connection that will give me a higher quality picture on my tv than S_Video? My laptop doesn't have R.G.B or DVI Out but it does have a VGA out.

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 1:48 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Using the VGA out to a moniyot tather than your TV would give a much better picture.
Most of the newer flat panel TV's have VGA input also. Business projectors (as opposed to Home Theater projectors) almost always have VGA in too.
If these are not options and you can only use S-Viseo, try setting the external display to the lowest resolution to get the best video quality. Sounds counter-intuitive, but a thi setting brings the pixels closer to what a TV can realistically handles and also makes the video processing a bt easier. Less memory transactions to manipulate a smaller resolution display.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 6:15 am
vga out will give you a higher quality picture but if the device you are connecting to has only composite or s-vide, then that will be the limiting factor in the overall quality.

geposted Thu 08 Feb 07 @ 5:18 pm
Thanks guys. I'll try the VGa out . My T.V. does have that option:)

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 1:49 am
forsepps wrote :
Thanks guys. I'll try the VGa out . My T.V. does have that option:)

be careful. what looks like a vga connector may not be a vga connector. there are a number of different signaling schemes that use 15 pin d-sub. make sure your tv can handle the vga signal that you will be sending it or else you might damage it.

geposted Fri 09 Feb 07 @ 3:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)