Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help by tonight! IRQ'S?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Toshiba Satellite Dual Core r25-33503 Tablet PC
Intel(R) CPU
Windows XP Service Pack 2
T2050@ 1.Ghz
.99 GB of RAM
100GB with 45 gigs free space.

Updated Direct X
Updated Drivers
Free RAM accelerator
Disable all or most Processes
Fatest Performance-
AutoLatency
30min max load
Hardware Acceleration is on
Proper Ventilation
Running skins with proper resolution

Using
TCV thru Serato
5 Channel Mixer.
Shure 44's (new)
USB Midi Trigger Finger
Virtual DJ 4.2
Sonique Visuals

PROBLEM: It FREEZES on random Mp3s and Videos, it can't be recreated. 3-4 hours into my set it just stops and needs to be restarted. I even got the blue screen of death last week. CPU usage doesnt seem to be much of an issue. I feel like I've tried everything requested on these boards and still no luck.
Am I running it too long? Is it getting too hot?

I think its an IRQ setting issue.
This is where I really need help. I know nothing about reassinging IRQ's and am afraid to do it alone.

It looks like channel 16 and 23 are being used by alot of resources...

Channel 16 Express Chipset Family
Channel 16 PCI Express Root Port
Channel 16 USB Universal HOst Controller

Channel 23 USB
Channel 23 USB 2
Channel 23 Flash Media
Channel 23 SD Host controller

If you ask me "the rookie", my guess is that you shouldnt have 23 running that many USB's and flash media. Am I way off?

If it is, then how do you reassign? I know I have to go into my BIOS, which really scares me because I have no clue about BIOS? If I reassign, then where do I reassign.

ANOTHER LAST MINUTE THOUGHT: Would it make a difference if hardware acceleration was off?

Sorry for the rush order, I just dont want to lose my job as the club owner is getting quite unhappy with the constant freezing..

geposted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:53 am
Heres some screenshots:

geposted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 5:59 am

geposted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 6:05 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
How much of that crap that is in your task tray is still running while you are using VDJ? Turn all that stuff off - exit out of it. No Wireless, No Memory management, no webcam, turn all that stuff OFF. And try using the Overclock, Maybe? Only if it locks up after you have turned all that other stuff off.

geposted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 9:27 am
The PC architecture is old, and really only made for 16 real irqs...
The rest are virtual IRQs made by Windows XP.

Windows XP can handle it well, but not always.

You have sooooo much hardware you would definitively benefit for disable some when video mixing (demanding task)

- disable firewire controller
- disable cardbus controller
- disable flash media controller
- disable SD controller
- disable wireless
- disable Lan
- disable tablet PC features that you dont use.

Then restart PC, and let windows reasign IRQs
Its not dangerous in any way, after mixing, you can enable all the devices again, and restart the PC to make it all work again :)

You PC is feature rich as hell, but it has its toll.. when trying to run stuff in low latency (super quick commands to CPU over IRQs).

Hardware acceleration is needed for full blown video effects (3d) on 2nd monitor.

By the way, what Video card are you using ?

geposted Sat 10 Feb 07 @ 12:54 pm
Thanks for your help! I'll give your tips some usage tonight.

P.S. Asked earlier: I am running a Mobile Intel 945 Chipset Video Card.

geposted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 1:51 am
It crashed at my club tonight AGAIN! I'm really frustrated.
I did everything I was told to do...

geposted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 10:35 am

my bad, I did not notice you graphic card in your screenshots.

Reason being is that you "dont have one", that is, you dont have a dedicated graphic card.
Running video on Intel integrated graphics, with shared ram (system ram), is really a bad idea.
I'm surpriced you can even run video in high quality on 2nd monitor.

While that might work (specially on Vista), its still a very low-end solution, and using video effects on such a system should give CPU loads up in the 90% or more... (over heat PC = crash after hours).

But, you MIGHT be lucky and have it run ok, since you have dual core... and lots of ram.

But since I did not see your graphic card first time around, I also missed a BIG danger on your system.
Your graphic card share IRQ with one USB controller, so if that port in use is for say low latency audio device, there is almost bound to be issues, even crash. Since both the graphic card and the audio card will try to talk extensivly to the CPU at the same "phone line", works for a while, but when one of them talks too long to CPU, leaving the other out of data, there will be a audio drop out for audio, or video drop out for video, and worst case, crash because of data underun.

The above disable of devices still apply (those IRQs to free up), but regarding the USB and GFX card conflict, you should try to use a different port for usb devices.

And test EXTENSIVLY at home before doing a gig.

I would still like to point out that your graphic card is not a good solution for video mixing, as it does not have its own ram.

geposted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 2:09 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
i had shared graphics problems which an upgrade to vista business solved the new sound and video api make videos load as fast as mp3 and jumpy video is now stable

its all thanks to microsofts improved support for shared graphics :)

geposted Sun 11 Feb 07 @ 6:23 pm
So in essence, 4 things:

beef up the ram to maybe 2 gigs
move around USB and Graphic to different IRQs
get vista
text extensivly at home

Does this sound right?

You guys are the best moderators, you always come correct with good advice. Thanks in advance!

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 5:59 am
Bare with me...I really am trying to figure out IRQ's

Should I move the Graphics Card (#16 IRQ in above screenshot?) to another channel?
Or move the USB (#16 IRQ)

If so, what do I swap it with?

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 6:06 am

Try using a different port for that USB trigger device.
Using other USB devices?
The Serato box, firewire right ?

Its damn hard to change IRQs on a XP system.

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 10:11 am
mainedjPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Serato is usb I believe.

geposted Mon 12 Feb 07 @ 11:17 am
I don't know how well Tablet OS plays with Virtual DJ. Tablet OS modifies the display drivers to support the touch screen. This could cause an issue with your videos.

I know Vista has better tablet support as there is no dedicated "Vista Tablet OS" anymore. It's incorporated into Vista Business I believe. If you actually go out and buy Vista... make sure you check the Vista website first to see what versions of Vista have Tablet capability.

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 2:01 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
yes vista ultimate or business for tablets

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 2:07 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)