Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BCD2000 not responding sometimes...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

fr0styPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi,

Occasionally when I start VirtualDJ, it looks like my BCD2000 is working (the lights are flashing properly, etc) but none of the buttons or sliders work. The only solution seems to be quitting Virtual DJ, turning off the BCD2000, waiting for it to disconnect, then turning it back on, waiting for it to properly initialise and then reloading Virtual DJ. Most times, this will fix it. Sometimes if I quit Virtual DJ when the BCD2000 has been working and reload Virtual DJ, the controls will stop responding as well and I'll have to do the same thing. It seems either the BCD driver is doing something weird, or Virtual DJ is doing something weird to the state of the driver/BCD2000, or a combination of both.

I suspect it might be more BCD2000 driver related than VirtualDJ, but was just curious if anyone else was having the same problem? I'm using Virtual DJ v4.2r1 and this happens both with and without the BCD Mapper active. When the BCD isn't responding, I can go into the controller setup of VirtualDJ and the BCD2000 entry still shows a green light.

FYI I'm using my internal soundcard, not the BCD2000's onboard soundcard as my playback device. I also have the BCD2000 connected to an external USB 2.0 hub (which is powered), along with a USB 2.0 hard drive connected to the same hub. Could that be a problem?

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 1:42 am
moramaxPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi fr0sty,
there are many problem with bcd2000 drivers......
i suggest to make you system very light and test again you BCD2000.
first disable all the device not requided like:
-lan card
-wireless lan
-other soundcards
-all the usb hardware
ect. ect.
driver are very sensible to interrupt sharing...
install the latest bcd2000 drivers(Version 1.1.1.0) if you don't already done.This is the link:
http://www.behringer.com/05_support/bc_download/bc_downloads.cfm?lang=ENG

disinstall dispensable software....disabled antivirus and firewall
or use msconfig utility to disable all software on startup...
remember to don't connect to the internet for testing....you've disable antivirus!!
in the forum there also many other topics about this issue...
use the serarch engine to find it...
one time you've find a stable configuration...you can add step by step all hardware and software before disabled and understand who causes the problem.

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try to connect your BCD2000 on USB on board NOT hub. If you are using a laptop deactivate the automatic power suspension to that unit. (power management).

geposted Wed 14 Feb 07 @ 7:03 pm
fr0styPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys,

Thanks alot for the responses. I'm definitely going to try taking the BCD2000 off the USB hub and attaching it to one of my onboard USB ports. I've already got the 1.1.1.0 BCD drivers installed.

Now hopefully that works and then I've just gotta get my latency below 21ms and I'll be happy :)

geposted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 12:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Remember to set Latency to AUTO from the VDJ config. The BCD2000 Control panel will indicate you the current latency.

geposted Thu 15 Feb 07 @ 9:38 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)