Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Time To Consider No?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I dont know about you guys, but im getting tired of reading posts from people who are not registered users, could we not have a forum that is only available for registered users? How much more is that going to cost? Perhaps adding a filter that would allow us to filter out non registered users? This forum has turned into my bible, im here 10+ times a day and it seems that everytime i read a post someone has to say "you have to buy the software to use that feature" Am I floating out there? or does this make sense to anyone else?

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 6:23 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'm 100% in favor of all the forums being locked from no license users and having one forum for the folks using the trisl version to ask questions in. And instead of just deleting the email address when they ask for the key, delete the whole post/thread. We shouldn't have to wade through a ton of garbage to get to the gold.

Better yet, allow them to view and search only. If they have a legitimate issue, most likely it has been covered by a licensed user and they can find their answsers.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 6:39 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
While I agree it's annoying seeing the same old posts from non licensed users, which are usually variations on these questions:-

1) Where can I get a crack from?
2) Where can I get free music?
3) Why don't my headphones work with the trial version?

You have to remember that we were all unlicensed users at one point, and I remember having questions when I first downloaded the trial, nearly a year ago now. One of the major selling points for me was the obvious level of support for this software in the forums. Any UK ex-PCDJers will remember the forums for FX, which were locked to everybody but FX users. As a registered Red user, you couldn't look at the FX forums - you had to wonder what they were trying to hide! :-)

Now, if only there was a way of filtering the "Word up dudez, I is a t0p DJ an needin a crack f0r vdj" type posts.... but come on, admit it, we enjoy shooting those ones down in flames really....

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 11:04 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Well believe it or not guys I used to think this way too.

Unfortunately this is where our future customers come from...well most of them...
If we take in the door mat and lock the door we are stopping the mainstream of customers who come to the site for help.

It's kind of a unique business plan but it works.
1) Users hear about or see VDJ somewhere and search the net finding the site.
2) They realize that the program is not free so they seek a crack to realize the full potential of the program without limits, usually after exhausting the demo time limit.
(the latest demo is less limited including multi channel/headphone support to discourage the use of cracks as this was the main reason for seeking that option for mixing djs)
3) Then they realize the benefits of being a fully licensed user and start to desire plug ins and skins etc...so they ask for help.
4) Soon they decide to flip it over and buy the program, it's only a matter of time really.

This is the path that MOST of our users follow.
So, it would be kind of detrimental to VDJ's existence to shut them out.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 12:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
its a nice supporting comunity that attracts so many users

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 1:03 pm
cgarissPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Cracks and pirate movies are considered demos in 2007. It's really not that big a problem, because people always buy what they truly value. If your product is good, your customers will reward you.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 1:43 pm
I can understand why you will get frustrated when a non license users ask a silly question, or in one way or another is trying to get over. We have to realize that some of us are true professional and some of us are not. I have to say the biggest attraction for me is the large amount of support on this forum regardless of what level you are. I am pretty sure most of you experience users on this forum were not fully aware of all the components of virtual dj. After reading many post on these forums you gain the knowledge to be at the level you are currently at. Most the of the current question that come from non lincense users and the same question you was probally asking back when you started. Even as an experience users you be suprise that even a non license user may be able to help out on a topic you are not that familar with. So please if you are annoyed by non license users just move on to another post and let another forum user help out someone in need of help on that subject.
I alway say to many of my fellow dj freinds it all about networking.
DJ Angel S
Sorry if this offends any one

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 6:01 pm
I have to admit I was a crack user before buying.

I downloaded a copy of VDJ 2.0 from limewire and used it with a HDJCv1 for about two months.

After screwing around with it and finding the software a good thing I bought it.

Glad I bought when I did because the software has had a large price increase from when I bought v3.3 to now. It's quite expensive now but what an amazing multi-media music package.

Now if Bloody Numark would ship the total control/DMC2 I'd be even more happy
I just hope the Total Control isn't a dog like the BCD2000. I'm getting tired of spending money only to return hardware.

DJ Marcel
Purple Onion NightClub

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 6:09 pm
Im not against helping out new users, it just bothers me that i have to read posts of people asking for downloads and serial numbers, all im sugesting is to have some kind of filter that gives us the option to block all of the non registered users. Only allowing them to just read but not post is not a bad idea either, most of the problems encountered have already been discussed anyway.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 6:19 pm
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well I must also admit I was once a crack user of this program.
However after about a month of playing around with it:
I purchased the program, thanks to MP3Rick and Cydcer.
Once people see what the program can do and the help you can
get from being a legal user; most will opt to purchase VDJ.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 6:53 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djrasza wrote :
Im not against helping out new users, it just bothers me that i have to read posts of people asking for downloads and serial numbers, all im sugesting is to have some kind of filter that gives us the option to block all of the non registered users. Only allowing them to just read but not post is not a bad idea either, most of the problems encountered have already been discussed anyway.

let me worry about that ;)

its realy not that bad :)

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 7:05 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm with Rick all the way, you can't turn a shop into a members only club or you wont live to tell the story. Forum mods will delete any inappropiate threads started by anyone regardless of the user level, this is for everyones benefit, but we wont pass up opportunitys to offer support to our guests, we were all guests once.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:19 pm
GaryBrPRO InfinityMember since 2006
What about clubs that purchased and installed the software?

Where would a DJ like myself be able to get help? The club is not going to give me or the other 3 DJ's that work there a copy of the serial number, and quite right too!

Its from using a version installed in a nightclub that made me decide to get my own copy, since when (with some help from skyfxl) i have spent over £1000 on a new laptop purely to run VDJ.

Also thanks to the advice i have recieved, i have been advised that Virtual Vinyl would be more suitable to my needs, so i await its release.

Also, its worth pointing out that in my quest for knowledge, its not only 'nolicenseusers' asking the same questions over again, a hell of a lot of registered users do the same. Just because they register a copy, it doesn't stop them asking questions and starting from the beginning like everyone else.

Its probably worth pointing out that its this kind of forum that makes the product unique, and which so far has convinced me its worth spending my money and moving acrosss to digital.

Lets just hope when i get my copy of Virtual Vinyl and register it, that i don't dare ask a question thats already been asked before, or some of you guys might hang me! 0-)

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 8:34 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Gary,
You raise a valid point on the club install, not sure what the answer is to that yet.
The person who bought and registered it is the only one who technically has the access.

Personally I'd rather have my own licensed version and have the control and the club would have to protect itself also as the terms of use are pretty specific.

On the stupid question thing....as with any forum it is advisable to do a search first.
We have members with extensive blogs detailing configurations and issues/resolutions that also help that you won't find in a search.
Unfortunately some of our more talented users who have done this have had to raise the viewing level because of the few who come with bad intentions and never intend on purchasing the software.
There are limits to anything if abuse is occurring.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 07 @ 10:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)