Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: I'm Back!! :)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

geposted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 12:42 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
welcome back shyine

i will listen to them all :)

geposted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 1:18 am
Glad to be back, any tips from you always welcome. :)

Got a couple more comin but I'll let these settle first. ;)

geposted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 1:21 am
DJ Shyine, I respect your hustle and your DJ, you got some great sounding mixes, seen,

DJ Sparkxxx

geposted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 2:34 am
Thanx, that means a lot seeing that I still classify myself a beginner. :)

Oh yea, I'll prolly put up the other mixes I had on my old forum for those who ain't get a chance to listen. :)

geposted Tue 17 Apr 07 @ 3:05 am
Your one of the few people who's mixes I actually like, because you beatmatch in your mixes, not like those ones who are mixed by experienced DJ's and the mix is all choppy.

DJ's, if you have the ability and resources to beatmatch when your mixing, then BEATMATCH :P I hate hearing professional DJ's at clubs with amazing sound systems and their crossfading at the worst times :P lol

geposted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 12:51 am
Thanx! And yea, I hate that too. ;) Wait 'til you see what I have new to show ya'll ! :)

Just gotta put up the other ones first though. :)

geposted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 1:03 am
lol seeen

geposted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 1:18 am
vdj_reverse wrote :
Your one of the few people who's mixes I actually like, because you beatmatch in your mixes, not like those ones who are mixed by experienced DJ's and the mix is all choppy.

DJ's, if you have the ability and resources to beatmatch when your mixing, then BEATMATCH :P I hate hearing professional DJ's at clubs with amazing sound systems and their crossfading at the worst times :P lol

I agree with the beatmatching thing, however; be careful of lengthy mixes of two songs... remember most people like to hear songs they recognize. The gravy of the mix is hearing a second song mixed nicely to break up the usual.

Practice different songs but not at full length on both: start off with one then blend second song for several beats.

I think you would get more of a WOW factor. This would also allow more creativaty and the juices start flowing.

EXAMPLE: This weakend I did a mix - Don't cha ( the primary ) mixed intro to jam on it during chorus. I let the song play a little then mixed the first couple of bars to Another one bites the dust toward the end of the song then made my transition into a totally different song.

I suggest writing your songs that sound well together then you will start developing an ear for sound. You will find yourself in the grocery store hearing one song but in your head your mixing another one, not even noticing your doing it.

All in All, I like to mixes. I favor the U and Dat mix - good job on all

Keep practicing.

geposted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 8:52 pm
I guess you found the one I didn't put up here yet. ;) Everything you said I agree wit. Yea people feel for songs they recognize but I like to mix it up a lil too, besides this was only beginning of the "whole" mix. As far as song length, I'm aware of that and workin on it. That's one of the first times I tried doing this. As far as an ear for sound, that's what got me into DJing in the first place. The whole mixing in your head thing is what I do when I make blends. :)

Thanx fo ya feedback, and yes I will continue to practice. :)

geposted Wed 18 Apr 07 @ 10:16 pm
My fault playa.... I meant It's goin down. I do that a lot. I listen to other peoples mixes then start creating my own from what I hear.

I'll try to record my night this weakend... by the time I walk around and say hello to staff, meet new faces and do a practice session. I forget to turn on the record.

geposted Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 5:00 am
Oh I got cha, ;) That one gets a lot of faves. An if that's the case disregard the first couple sentences then.

"Playa" could mean a lotta things, so in case the pink letters ain't catch on, I'm a girl. :)

geposted Thu 19 Apr 07 @ 3:16 pm
Aight, it took me a minute, but I finally got somethin new for ya.
I took a lil break from making blends and worked on making continous mixes. (the ones that you create playlists for)

This is just a small part of an hour mix that I did.
Click here to lend ear to MiMix

Since this was a first for me, I let the songz play through for this segment and slowly picked up the pace toward the end of the entire mix. (that part wasn't included)

Tell me whatcha think! :)

geposted Sun 29 Apr 07 @ 4:46 am
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
JUst listen to the mimix:)

ok.. letme put it this way, overall its nice n ok but overall i knew u could make it betta rite:)

Keeps spinning dear n have a nice day:)

DJ Antarez

geposted Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 4:12 pm
Nice job!

1st: watch your overlapping of vocals

2nd: Your incoming song sounds like it's too hot. Unless your doing a straight cut to the next song, you should have the next song either come in at lower volume or take some of the lower end out.

try practicing with your loops. This may help resolve many things and help with creativity.

geposted Mon 30 Apr 07 @ 7:22 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)