Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10 users / external mixer users

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

spindemPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I am currently using 2 x XP10's and an external mixer. Obviously I can not record the mixes properly other than via the output on the mixer.

So using one PC what is the best way to record to a single pc? I have tried running the output into the internal pc soundcard without much success :(

Any suggestions welcome!

geposted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 2:05 pm
Theoretically, if your disk and processor are fast enough, you shouldn't have a problem recording to the same computer. I wouldn't do it, but maybe that's your only option. What sort of results do you get when you run the mixer out into the PC soundcard? (I'm assuming you have a line in; a MIC in is going to sound like garbage.) And what program are you using to record?

geposted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 3:07 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i successfully recorded this way using VDJ on a P3 450mhz all on the same computer... have upgraded now but i assure you that you should be able to record this way no problems. all you have to do is send one of the outputs from your mixer back to the line in on your soundcard and make sure you set your volumes correctly (if it clips it will sound really really bad...)

also make sure that the line in is muted to whats coming out of your speakers and that it is selected as the recording device.

all you need is a sound recording program, i use soundforge however there are many out there, and even windows sound recorder should do fine aslong as you tell it to record at a decent quality (make sure you have lots of hard disk space because this will be a raw WAV recording ie. 1 cd worth will take up 700mb...

geposted Fri 17 Sep 04 @ 3:40 pm
djbambiPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Anyone could recommend a portable flash (256+ Mb, or hard-drive) mp3 player/encoder with a line-in and a 160+ Kbps encoding rate?

iRiver seems to make some good ones for less than $150 (256 Mb flash) and less than $330 (20Mb drive), but I'm curious about the encoding quality compared to a lame-based software.

If anyone has any experience with any of those, could you please share? I'd be especially interested on feedback about

http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/H120.aspx
and
http://www.iriveramerica.com/products/iFP-890.aspx

of course, any similar alternative would be welcome.

I want to keep my 3+ year old vaio notebook (850Mhz, 512 Mb RAM) dedicated to VDJ and don't want to add a line-in recording overhead.

thx!

Nicolas

geposted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 1:04 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)