Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Movies from itunes wont play?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi. I downloaded 2 music videos as a trial to see how it all works from itunes. They downloaded as m4v files. I saved them as .mov files. I put them both into virtual vinyl and they came up as 'error' when i tried to load them onto a deck. When i open the movies in itunes or quicktime they play fine. The sample movies that came with Virtual Vinyl are mpg's and work fine. How do i get these movies to work with virtual vinyl? Thanks, Ben

geposted Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 3:16 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
you cannot play drm protected itunes files :(

geposted Wed 17 Oct 07 @ 9:02 pm
So is there no way around this? It seems mad that you cant buy a music video and then play it in vdj? Is this a feature that is going to be addressed for the new vdj5 for mac? Thanks again, Ben

geposted Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 11:27 am

geposted Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 12:09 pm
It's also very likely that Apple will be going all non-DRM in the near future.

So far, only EMI's catalog has been released with non-DRM content, but at a higher price (ex. $1.29 vs. .99 for digital audio files)

But with Amazon having negotiated .89 and .99 cent pricing for non-DRM content, I'm sure Apple will be able to do the same now.

I'll look into what's coming in terms of Apple iTunes non-DRM video content. ;)

geposted Thu 18 Oct 07 @ 10:28 pm
Yea Quest ... the DRM "lock out" is such a waste, as there are very simple ways around that (which I don't know about ;-) ) Hopefully they should be removing that soon.

geposted Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 4:29 am
That link above is just a link to a PC application which can burn itunes videos to dvd. We are in the mac version technical support so thats not much help for me. If i just burnt that file to a dvd (using toast) and then ripped it using handbrake or something, would the file still contain the DRM protection? Thanks again, Ben

geposted Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 1:37 pm

geposted Fri 19 Oct 07 @ 5:02 pm
They are not mp4 originally, they are m4v. . .

Thanks, Ben

geposted Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 1:47 pm
try the demo of that converter it will convert any thing to any thing regardless of the drm

geposted Sun 21 Oct 07 @ 2:00 pm
ive got visual hub. I think it does the same thing. Will that do the same thing? Thanks, Ben

geposted Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 1:31 pm
should do yes just change it to mpg then try to burn it then ripp it back

geposted Mon 22 Oct 07 @ 5:46 pm
this has nothing to do with drm....vdj doesn't play mov or m4v or mp4 vids yet....I have itunes vids and they will play in my other dj app perfectly...so convert your files to mpeg and they will work in vdj.

geposted Tue 23 Oct 07 @ 12:05 am
I cannot convert to mpg. If i do it just ripps as the right files size, but with a grey screen and no audio. Ive done this, then burnth these to a dvd and tried ripping them and i just rip a grey movie, with no audio. At what point will the drm be broken. I dont know where im going wrong? Thanks, Ben

geposted Wed 24 Oct 07 @ 2:51 pm
ok..let me rephrase my last statement...I meant to say my other app plays "apple" filetypes...ie mov, mp4 vids etc. vdj will not play these regardless of DRM. There is no way to remove drm from videos
bought from itunes (that i can find that is). sorry :( i have heard of people using something called "tunbite" but i'm not sure what all it does. Unless you don't mind playing all your vids in
itunes, don't buy from them!! DRM=YUCKY!!

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 9:59 am
damit they must have improved their security again ,

i personaly get my videos from promo only because alll of the video download stores have this wack drm policy

geposted Thu 25 Oct 07 @ 10:01 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)