Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: JPBoggis's Denon HC-4500 Mapper - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
smittydc wrote :
Developers are paid to work on these things full time. Boogis and others have to fit it in when they can... which is why it takes so long.

Don't take it the wrong way mate, I'm a paid developer as a full-time job, and develop VDJ plugins when I get time and as such I appreciate what you are saying - I currently have to finish three video plugins (slideshow, scrolling text, sms) and update my Xponent mapper, and it's definately not easy to fit it all in (especially since my new girlfriend is a bit time-demanding lol).

The thing is the developers don't have access to all the hardware, so to a certain extent rely on user contributions and testing. Them implementing basic control support allows others to implement proper support that can be tested on an actual controller, and also allows the development team to concentrate on bug fixing and other features, rather than implementing every little request for every controller on the market.

Better native MIDI support with multi-button-combo and output support would mean a lot of MIDI controllers could be used (without displays obviously) without even need mapping, and this has been put forward as a feature request :)

Regards,

Scott

geposted Tue 22 Apr 08 @ 5:00 pm
ronhy21Home userMember since 2008
Spoken like a non-developer LOL! ;)

Developers are paid to work on these things full time. Boogis and others have to fit it in when they can... which is why it takes so long.

geposted Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 4:51 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Well done for bumping a post over a year old by simply quoting a previous comment...

geposted Wed 17 Jun 09 @ 5:18 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)