Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Has Music Got Worse?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Has Music over the last few years got worse or is it just me?...

I bought the latest Euro hits cd and the material is terrible, When I used to play around with software such as dance ejay I made better creations.

I Used to favour european music over American, but now I think America has it in a bag.

If Anyone Can honestly reccomend some new music that is actually good and for the club then please do..

You have dance acts now that are so poor, the 90's dance was masterful compared to new acts like Scooter, Special D, O-zone and is it Danzel (pump it up), All Terrible and free of talent, more cheese than the dairy section at tesco.

I know that not all new music is bad, but it's more bad than good.

The more underground house music from american and british labels remains quite good, but the european scene in general is really not good.

If anyone is getting good, new, club music could you please inform me where from, before I completely exhaust my older stuff, I'm still enjoying the hed kandi releases and all the leftfield albums..., but I want more more more (damn another new chessy song).

Just my thoughts.

geposted Fri 24 Dec 04 @ 4:05 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'm kinda wondering this myself... Almost all of new dance production I hear in my country is just filling up the gap between few hits and some bennasi styled tracks (even if some like to call this a "tek-house", which isn't, it's played a lot in our clubs)...

Though there is a little bit hope for our home production in Slovenia (like Bastino, ever heard of him?), I'm also kinda try'n to get into the scene of producing (though i'm still faaaar away from realisation :P - you can check out some of my tracks @ www.djerxon.com/mp3s).

The problem I see here is that producers have less & less ideas in this genre of music, that's why I'm also listening (and little bit trying to produce) to house music, which I find very interesting lately.

By the way, how's life now where you're stayin'? ;)

Cheers, erXon

geposted Fri 07 Jan 05 @ 3:59 pm
Graham5PRO InfinityMember since 2004
You haven't really said what kind of music you like to listen to, Bagpuss. Perhaps then someone could steer you towards some good, new, talent.

BTW, Scooter are not new, they have been around since the early 90's if not before. I know they are incredibly cheesy, and I would never play them where anyone else was listening, but damn there is something I love about their tack! They are just really upfront with the cheese, and for some reason I enjoy listening to most of their stuff!!!

geposted Thu 13 Jan 05 @ 10:37 pm
heh.. *sticks hand up to agree*

as people can now jump on the "commercial" bandwagon, music will get worse...

the saddest thing is when eric prydz is renowned EVERYTIME for "Call On Me" yet i've never seen recognition for "Slammin" which is by far a lot better.. this is happening way too often now.. and i'm starting to get bored.. so bored now.. that the owner of the bar where i used to work.. asked me to play "more commercial pop and R&B".. heh.. sharp told him where to stick that..!

the other thing, is that as music gets worse and worse, then so do the DJ's!

all the clubs in my local area seem to hire "dodgy dave's disco" and all you can hear is o-zone, danziel etc etc etc.. and him mumbling over the mic for 90% of the song.. i'd love for to one day goto a club, where they are playing quality underground tracks, and no mumble mumble over the top.. but hey.. i suppose they'd end up playing chart and R&B before long anyway....

now theres nothing wrong with R&B, don't get me on the wrong end of the stick here.. but im so sick and tired of EVERY club playing it.. please oh just please play something else!

well.. thats my 2 cents.. i fell better after that ramble

geposted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 3:55 pm
What I can't stand is all the Hip Hop in the United States! I am a DJ in Chicago and our clubs have been swamped with Hip Hop. I do like alittle Hip Hop now and then, but it seems as if every new Pop or R&B artists has to have Rap in thier songs. Even one of our greatest radio stations B96 plays primarily Hip Hop. On Fridays and Saturdays in Chi-Town B96 would play House, Techno, Euro or Old School House. Now every mix is Rap. Don't get me wrong, I also have quite a few Hip Hop mixes that I have made but it would be nice for the Chi-Town scene to get back into Club music once and a while. Is the same thing happening overseas as well?

geposted Fri 04 Feb 05 @ 9:17 pm
wanna know what really p****d me off?

dizeeeeeee rascals bit in Band Aid 20, yes it's nice to incorporate different musical styles, but please NOT on a song like that....

geposted Sat 05 Feb 05 @ 3:26 am
In the UK hip-hop is becoming more and more prevalent too, but there is still a lot of house music getting played.

My two favourite clubs both have two rooms - one playing R&B/Hip-hop and one playing house music, that way everyone is catered for!

geposted Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 10:12 am
PS I know I'm being really contrary in this thread, but Dizzy Rascal's bit in the Band Aid song kicked ass!

geposted Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 10:12 am
I first started mixing in the mid 80's when House Music had so much originality and power. It seems as if everything today is a remix of a remix of a remix of a remix...

geposted Sun 06 Feb 05 @ 4:16 pm
@ graham5.. lol contradictive i think was the word :)

geposted Mon 07 Feb 05 @ 2:30 am
My style is mainly house, But also general club music too (for the people).

The commercial scene is not good, but having said that there is some good 70's house make overs, slightly more underground the disco house scene is getting hot, and I think it's fair to say that disco house is the way to getting a "commercial house scene", where hip hop fans will expand there minds and realise that house isn't just "boom boom boom".

I always like what I hear from the hed kandi label. they manage to provide great music even if the rest of the western scene is in more shame than George Bushes conscience....

But yes I love house music, any hints or tips as to future hits or websites would be appreciated..

Bagpuss.

geposted Mon 21 Feb 05 @ 8:41 pm
One thing that I had the personal experience of learning is this such title. Someone came up to me and asked me if I can play some "hardstyle" I've got 9 years under my belt and have never heard of this. he gives me a CD so I can listen to it and all this "new" style sounds like is Gabber minus 30bpms!

What the hell is so creative about reducing the speed of a current style? This just makes me shake my head from these new styles comming out now a days.

DJ White Devil

geposted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 4:43 pm
droeliHome userMember since 2005
i had the same feeling a couple of years(2) ago.
I have a couple of tips to get you reborn again.

1.the bugged out records of Felix Da housecat
2.Vitalic this guy is amazing . He has over 50 releases that are just unbelievable.
he reinvented electronic music (alias Dima,Vital Ferox).
citizen records is his record label and has great releases.
one thing if you're looking for cheesy '96 trance he's not going to give it but there's so much emotion in his music he's not human.
3. Gigolo records:
strong label that continues to promote new and daring music
4.read the thread Trance and Techno music i posted some songs there that will blow you away(i hope).
P.S. : keep looking for music and you'll find your thing , someday it won't go good other days you'll find a stack of killers BUT BE ASSURE tHERE WILL ALWAYS BE GREAT MUSIC RELEASED AS LONG AS THERE ARE HUMANS WALKING ON THE GLOBE;THE HUMAN MIND WILL NEVER GET EMPTY.AND IF IT STILL DOESN'T SOUND THE WAY YOU WANT THAN YOU'LL HAVE TO MAKE IT YOURSELF.

dROELI

geposted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 3:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)