Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM scan in Virtual DJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is there anyway I can adjust virtual DJ to scan each and every mp3 I have for BPM? Right now I have to sit here and scan each one manually and it would be nice to set up VDJ to auto scan my mp3's over night so they will be finished scanning by the next morning.

I'm using Cue LE 4 so is this a feature available in the full version of the software?

geposted Tue 27 May 08 @ 2:45 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
just highlight all of your tracks top to bottom, right click on browser and select analize tracks, i normally select other music... hope that helps

Tayla

geposted Tue 27 May 08 @ 2:53 am
This is way easier. Thank you so much. I can't believe I've been doing it the hard way for so long.

geposted Tue 27 May 08 @ 3:13 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no probs mate, of course you can do the same just for certain sections of your files if you want.... glad i could help

geposted Tue 27 May 08 @ 4:39 am
If you have a folder setup with all your MP3/Videos, you can also right click on it from the brower and choose Scan For BPMs

geposted Tue 27 May 08 @ 7:46 pm
hey but every time i try highlighting the tracks it drags the song.how do you actually higlight all songs?weird

hope u can help.

geposted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 1:46 pm
dj zero degrees wrote :
hey but every time i try highlighting the tracks it drags the song.how do you actually higlight all songs?weird

hope u can help.

click on any of the songs.
and press CTRL and A at the same time......that will highlight all songs
and then u right click and analyze bpm ..

geposted Tue 03 Jun 08 @ 1:56 pm
thanks man.

appreciate!

geposted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 2:28 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is it possible to scan autogains only? My BPM:s are fine. I don't want to touch em. But I just noticed that VDJ 5.1 rescans autogains for tracks i haven't played on 5.1 (but played on 5.0). This causes sometimes very loud and distorted sound during scan if you start to play the track immediately.

It's very annoying if during gig you start to play something you haven't played since version 5.0.
Thanks for the great update anyway :)

geposted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 5:12 am
jaakko wrote :
Is it possible to scan autogains only? My BPM:s are fine. I don't want to touch em. But I just noticed that VDJ 5.1 rescans autogains for tracks i haven't played on 5.1 (but played on 5.0). This causes sometimes very loud and distorted sound during scan if you start to play the track immediately.

It's very annoying if during gig you start to play something you haven't played since version 5.0.
Thanks for the great update anyway :)

Your best bet is to scan your tracks ahead of time as described above to avoid gain problems, even if your BPMs are okay. I don't know of a way to scan only for gain. All of my tracks have been normalized, but I had a little trouble with gain changes on load before I did this. If you don't want to rescan everything, just wait until the track is fully loaded before playing it, which has the same effect.

geposted Thu 05 Jun 08 @ 2:57 pm
mini reaper wrote :
dj zero degrees wrote :

hope u can help.

click on any of the songs.
and press CTRL and A at the same time......that will highlight all songs
and then u right click and analyze bpm ..

Hi, could you tell me how I would do this on a Mac?

Thanks

geposted Tue 21 Jun 11 @ 3:30 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
highlight the containging folder or drive, right click, scan for bpm's

geposted Wed 22 Jun 11 @ 5:43 pm
paxxitoPRO InfinityMember since 2011
when i right click on my mac it unselects all and does not scans the BPM for any song. HELP!!!!!!!

geposted Mon 30 Jul 12 @ 12:52 pm
how do i scan my songs for bpm on the virtual dj 6.0

geposted Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 1:12 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just rightclick a folder and select "scan for bpm" ?!

geposted Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 3:53 am
You should update at least to the latest version 6.xx available in your Download Center.

As i remember there where a issue with broken Databases in the early version 6.0.

Greets, Heiko

geposted Mon 03 Feb 14 @ 3:55 am
If I scan for BPM on my Imac, will the BPM be shown when using my MACBOOK? or does it have to be done specifically with the machine that one uses? Thanks for the help

geposted Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 8:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Wed 02 Mar 16 @ 8:33 pm
tayla wrote :
just highlight all of your tracks top to bottom, right click on browser and select analize tracks, i normally select other music... hope that helps

Tayla

Hi Tayla,

you are the best! Thank you!

geposted Fri 28 Feb 20 @ 6:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)