Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Beat matching clarification question.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I'd like to make beat matching a breeze. Can anyone guide me through the settings of how to snap beats and BPM's together with the least amount of keystrokes?
I'd also like some pointers on how to keep the vocals relatively the same sound as the original speed no matter how fast or slow (in other words, no chipmunk or chopped and screwed vocals).

Thanks in advance!

geposted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 12:37 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Aaro2n2001 wrote :
I'd like to make beat matching a breeze. Can anyone guide me through the settings of how to snap beats and BPM's together with the least amount of keystrokes?

Engage beatlock function. Your songs' beatgrids will always be matched automatically,
you just have to press play. (you can assign the on/off shortcut in options > keyboard
shortcuts > deck controlls > beatlock)

Mind you, this way you cannot make a manual offset correction smaller than one beat,
it always snaps to a beat grid.

Aaro2n2001 wrote :
I'd also like some pointers on how to keep the vocals relatively the same sound as the original speed no matter how fast or slow (in other words, no chipmunk or chopped and screwed vocals).

Engage advanced timestretch (master tempo), and don't pitch the songs more than
+/- 8%, should sound fine.

geposted Thu 26 Jun 08 @ 2:35 am
hey, i pick up that topic guess its going for my direction

i do screwed and chopped remixes with the mp3 control. i dont have any clue of dj-language. i make these cues and after, i dont know, 2 lines i go back to the cues which fucks up all the beat matching. any hint how i can get both deks at one point(like being simultan again) in a sec. i didnt figuered out how to set a cue with the mp3 control while the deck is playing. is there any way? can i re command all the knobs on it or are they fixed forever? i helped myself with key-shortcuts but thats not the way i want to go. i want to use only the mp3 control.

would be thankfull for any idea how to get this working.

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 9:29 am
1st question, I mix happy hardcore and like to speed my tunes up loads the master tempo (the little padlock button called 'key lock' on the bottom under the pitch + and - button) will do it but if you have problems and its a bit stuttery try going to config -> performance and under master tembo (bottom right) set it to advanced and it should do it for ya, but itll put a bit more strain on the CPU (it shouldnt be to bad if you only have that set to advanced). also the defult button for beatlock is 'B' and in config -> options you can choose when the beat lock disengages itself i use on load (as i used to load a song and leave the beat lock on and it would beat lock the BPM to the new song!!!!) and whenever you load a new song it stops the beatlock. hope this helps ;)

2nd Question, as you can see under my name i also have the DJ control MP3 too, i have totally reconfiged the buttons as i didnt want a scratch weel, i needed a nudge weel etc, just go to config -> romote control and select 'Midi' there you can totally customise every single button (be warned it takes about 1hour! to find everything!!! and you need to asign every botton to whatever you want it to do) it is defintly worth it though. the one you want is in 'add' (to add a new button asign) -> 'Cues' then 'set cue' rember to select what deck it is for (and not the active deck unless you want this) and to tell it its a button (defult is slider i think) this will set cue point1 whenever you press it even if playing (and i have checked it works 4 ya) REMBER TO SAVE THE CONFIG as the first time i didnt and lost it all and had to start again!!!! just save it as a xml file and call it whatever you want and it will auto load when VDJ starts. hope this helps ya!! ;)

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 1:45 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)