Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Conectiv Time Coded Vinyl - Pitch Issues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I am currently running a trial of Virtual DJ... I really love the software so far.

I am using M-Audio Conectiv with timeocoded vinyl, and M-audio X-Session pro, I was up until the trial of VDJ using Torq, everything is working fine except one majorly annoying issue.

Once in awhile, more often than I like... the pitch gets really messed up... However when I switch it to software turntables it works fine... and the real turntables work fine in Torq with no problems, so I am led to believe that it is either a bug or settings issue with Virtual DJ

This is the only issue I am having... other than that, this is the best software I have used...

Is there a way to lock the pitch from changing in the software? I would like to only use my turntables pitch...

If I can get this resolved my money goes to this wonderful software!

Thanks,
DjEMB

geposted Tue 15 Jul 08 @ 11:57 pm
RuudboyPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi and welcome,

I myself have serato, vdj and torq all original, thus thought i should be the one to respond. Qouple of pointers:

1) Torq vinyl is a variation on ms pinky vinyl, which is supported in 5.1 but because its not 100% the same as ms pinky it will not work prop. If you have serato vinyl you should do your trial with them.
2) The conectiv box gives me the best result of all boxes, so keep it ;) better then my virtual vinyl or serato box!!!
3) regarding the locking of pitch, there is an option in the menu where you can put the auto pitch match on/off/smart.. like all packages out there, the pitch you change on your turntable will guide the pitch in your software

Any other questions let me know!

geposted Wed 16 Jul 08 @ 2:54 am
I am having the same problem. Everything works well in torq with the timecode vinyl but the pitch sky rockets when used in vdj with the torq timecode. i am also using a trial version of the software...do you think that is the issue?

geposted Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 4:36 pm
I am using the Conectiv Soundcard with serato timecode vinyl and it works fine - i had problems with the Torq tcv, and my vdj tcv warped.

The best results ive had is with the serato vinyl - they feel so much more solid than the vdj ones. the pitch still jumps around a little bit tho - due to dust build up or crap on the vinyl!

geposted Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 6:19 pm
DJMarze wrote :
I am using the Conectiv Soundcard with serato timecode vinyl and it works fine - i had problems with the Torq tcv, and my vdj tcv warped.

The best results ive had is with the serato vinyl - they feel so much more solid than the vdj ones. the pitch still jumps around a little bit tho - due to dust build up or crap on the vinyl!

For testing purposes try setting the Pitch Sensitivity to 0. Pitch will not move on the software when moved in the turntable. I've done it.

geposted Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 7:44 pm
Ruudboy wrote :
Hi and welcome,

I myself have serato, vdj and torq all original, thus thought i should be the one to respond. Qouple of pointers:

1) Torq vinyl is a variation on ms pinky vinyl, which is supported in 5.1 but because its not 100% the same as ms pinky it will not work prop. If you have serato vinyl you should do your trial with them.
2) The conectiv box gives me the best result of all boxes, so keep it ;) better then my virtual vinyl or serato box!!!
3) regarding the locking of pitch, there is an option in the menu where you can put the auto pitch match on/off/smart.. like all packages out there, the pitch you change on your turntable will guide the pitch in your software

Any other questions let me know!

I'm not having good results using the Conectiv sound card, Virtualdj TCV and Software. How did you set it up?
About the moving pitch, what I did was I set the pitch sensitivity to 0. The pitch on the software will not move when you move the pitch on the turntable, mixing is much precise this way.

geposted Fri 28 Nov 08 @ 7:49 pm
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Fluctuating pitch is the mean issue using TCV's. Warped / bended vinyls and the mechanical contacts between the vinyl and the needle are the main contributors of the such issue. Wish I could find a perfectly manufactured TCV's. Setting the sensitivity to zero (0) will just prevent the software display to be constant but in reality the pitch is still moving up/down. It is obvious when doing long transition beat mixing. Although can be easily corrected using the keyboard or any additional external controllers (midi or HID). As a result, I'm not using the TCV's in long transition mixes but rather on hip-hop or rnb or dnb, those that needs quick fading, like cutting or scratching.

Maybe the software has something to do with it also.
As for the other software, I don't know if they have the same issue with VDJ also...

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 12:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)