Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Button Pushing Glitch via Keypress

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
On my videovision skins, there is a strange anomaly.

I noticed that in new versions of VirtualDJ, when you press a keyboard key, the corresponding button on the skin goes down. Nice!

On the videovision skins, however, when you make a key to skip four or sixteen beats, the key appears depressed when you skip BACK, but NOT when you skip forwards. Why on earth would this be? Is this a bug in virtualDJ, or is there something weird about my skin?

The actual XML looks like this:

--- Button SKIP BEATS
<button action="skip_beat" value="-4" rightclick="-8" chan="1">
<size width="36" height="23"/>
<pos x="241" y="444"/>
<down x="+0" y="+2800"/>
</button>
<button action="skip_beat" value="+4" rightclick="+8" chan="1">
<size width="37" height="23"/>
<pos x="278" y="444"/>
<down x="+0" y="+2800"/>
</button>

I can't see that there's anything different between the backwards and forwards buttons...

***MAJOR DISCOVERY***

Oooh, I see... if I remove the plug symbol before the value in the skip beat buttons, this depression works! That doesn't make any sense, so I'm going to report this as a bug in virtualDJ.

geposted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 4:50 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Ah, I figured out what's going on.

It's happening because my hotkey definition is slightly different from the button definition in the skin. In my hotkey, I don't have that plus there, hence it doesn't trigger the button even though the effect is the same. It has nothing to do with the skin.

I guess it's a little much to call that a bug in virtualDJ.

geposted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 4:54 am
good

geposted Thu 17 Jul 08 @ 7:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)