Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode is 0% after auto config

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,

I'm running the Trial version of VDJ at the moment as I wanna see how it all works and wanna compare some different software.

My set up is 2 Sony PS-DJ9000 and a mixer of the same style. I have a maya 44 usb soundcard.

I have 2 timecoded vinyl from virtual DJ.

I have not Djed before and have no knowledge of how to set up decks. I have the output from the decks going into the soundcard and then from the soundcard into the mixer.

I have installed all the drivers for the soundcard.

My problem is that when trying to config my timecode it says 0% even when I try autoconfig. This is the same on both decks. However they do seem to be synched up because i can start and stop the music using them. but my right deck sounds like it is playing too slow.

Also the mixer does not affect the programme at all when i slide the crossfader or move the gain.

I have selected the set up with 2 decks a mixer and the right soundcard in config.

Any help would be appreciated. I am supposed to be DJing at my house party tomorrow but this looking increasingly unlikely.

Thanks

geposted Fri 29 Aug 08 @ 3:15 am
Hey mate, will try help you out i am still learning myself but will try my best.

Have you have changed your "Sound Settings"

INPUT: Timecodes
OUTPUT: External Mixer
SOUNDCARD: ASIO Driver

In timecode settings:
Change to Vinyl
and try changing Signal to VDJ Timecode (v4)

On your Soundcard have you changed to Phono?

geposted Sat 30 Aug 08 @ 8:25 pm
also the mixer will only control the sound once its left your computer and the mixer is not an input device if you really want to change the controls in VDJ buy a midi controller like hurcles, also (again!) do you have any wave at all on the timecode pannel when you play the timecode and if so what does the wave look like (try comparing it to the picture on the thread TCV manuall) is it too big, too small?

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 11:45 am
Thanks for the input.

I'll check through my sound settings. I don't seem to have the option to tick for vinyl but i'll look again.

On the mixer I fixed that issue. i was taking the sound out the soundcard headphone out to the speakers rather than the mixer output.

So now my only issue is getting my timecode up.

Does someone have a link to the TCV manual so i can see what i'm supposed to be seeing. My friends said it might be down to my volume on the soundcard being to high/low. I can see a wave when i try and config it so it is picking it up.

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 8:16 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Maya44 Soundcard Setup --

Click on the ASIO Configuration button.
In the first tab with all the channels displayed.
Mute the first 4 for Monitoring the inputs.
Set the INPUT Gains at just below 50% (1/2) at about 40%.
Set the OUTPUT Gains at 100%

In the Timecode Configuration, uncheck the Clear Sound option. Use a pitch sensitivity of about 800-1200 (1200 is default, 800 has been found to provide better resolution). Run the Auto Config for both decks.

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 8:47 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)